Gibson Brands Forums

Some Pics - My New LP Std. Ltd. Worn Cherry

Fadedepi

Here's a few pics of this stock LP. My plans are to change a few things, (knobs, tuners) no problems as is, just personal taste. I will pull the pickups out, just to verify the specs. I must admit, I was surprised at their bright sound. They're not muddy at all, neither the neck or bridge. I may change them later. I'm thinking GFS "Mean 90" in the neck position and maybe a '59 in the bridge. The workmanship seems excellent. Manufactured at the Epiphone Qingdao factory in Nov.'07.

Faded.... =P~

DSC04469-1.jpgLP-Std-Ltdjpg-1-1.jpgLP-Std-Ltdjpg-3-1.jpgLP-Std-Ltd-2-1.jpgLP-Std-Ltdjpg-4-1.jpg

That guitar is beautiful! We have one at the GC I'm working at and it is currently my favorite Epi LP hanging on the wall.

The top is just amazing and not nearly as "stripey" as the stock pics would indicate. I love the finish on it as well. If you are familiar with the satin necks on a few of the Epiphone guitars, you'll have a good idea of how this entire guitar feels: wonderfully smooth and finished, but none of that "dipped in plastic" feel. It's probably a real contributing factor in the guitar's nice, bright tone.

Congrats, Faded! INHO, you picked a real winner!

Jim

That is quite the looker.

Howd ya acquire it?

its a 2007' date=' so did you get it used?

[/quote']

ICBAF,

Thanks for looking and YES, I love that finish too. The guitar is an '07, but it's brand new. Still had the hang tags and stickers on it. I bought it from a local shop here in Huntington Beach, Ca. They are a Gibson/Epiphone Dealer. I had never seen the W/C finish before seeing there. I had to have it!!

Faded...

Is that a mahogany top? Looks like it. I've thought about getting the Gibson "Faded" Mahogany LP Studio.

But' date=' that one you're showing, is really nice. Congratulations, and HNGD!

CB[/quote']

Hey CB,

Yes, it's a mahogany top, no maple veneer here. I got GAS so bad when I saw it, had to have it. I couldn't pay for it all at once, so I put it on lay-a-way. The absolute longest 60 days of my life. It sounds amazing with the stock HB's. I tend to lean more toward single coils. Could be the mahogany top has something to do with that? Sounds clear, clean and bright. No mudd at all. All I can say is WOW!! :D/

Faded...

fadedepi, Bloody nice lookin' guitar you have there mate. Your Les Paul Standard was made at the Quindao, China factory a month after mine. Your

Serial Number starts with 0711 (November '07) as mine starts with 0710 (October '07). Mine's not a Limited Edition, though, like yours is. Mine's

a Plain-Top (VS). The only mod I made on my LP Standard was putting the dial markers under the volume an tone knobs and getting rid of those

hideous amber stock ones and replacing them with the white number on black top-hats that have the words "Volume" and "Tone" printed on them.

I haven't changed anything else yet as I'm very happy with my Chinese Epi the way it is, although my guitar tech was mentioning about trying some Gibson BurstBuckers, which I might look into. Best of luck with your new LP. It looks like a real beauty. I hope it plays as beautiful as she looks.

a double dog dare??? Again' date=' lovely guitar. I think when the time come for an LP I'll be getting one like this![/quote']

Hope you can find one. The back of the headstock shows it's a Limited Edition, so there might not be too many more

hanging around, if any. I think midiman said there's one in the guitar center he's working at. Maybe you should talk

to him about that one before he or someone else grabs it. =P~

Guest icantbuyafender

I need me a mahogony plain top now... a nice faded brown would be cool.

oh, and burstbuckers... dropped a pair of bb2 and bb3 in my epi LPclassic and they sound soooooo good!. you'll love em.

Fadedepi' date=' I'd be interested in how much it sounds like a Les Paul Custom...as they too, have Mahogany tops as opposed to the Maple, on the Standards.

Anyway...it's a great looking guitar! Just curious, as to how it sounds, compared to the "normal" Standard? ;>)

CB[/quote']

Hey CB,

I've never played an LP Custom, so can't compare them. I'm a little confused after checking the LP Custom specs? Epi's website makes no mention of top wood. However, my 2008 Epi Catalog indicates the LP Custom has a Maple top.

In fact, the Catalog states all LP's, except the Studio, have Maple tops of some kind. Confusing?

Faded...

Hope you can find one. The back of the headstock shows it's a Limited Edition' date=' so there might not be too many more

hanging around, if any. I think midiman said there's one in the guitar center he's working at. Maybe you should talk

to him about that one before he or someone else grabs it. =P~ [/quote']

Do it ... I have it hanging on the wall in great shape for only $449. Come to Vegas and I'll set it up for you personally! =P~

...and since you're a forum member, I'll "soft-pedal" the PERFORMANCE GUARANTEE!

You can see it in this pic: second row from the right, third down fromn the top ... right next to the "Chrome Custom" from the other thread!

IMG_0180.jpg

Jim

I picked up a Gibson Les Studio VM Worn Brown and never looked back. The top shows such a great would grain...with some darker and lighter parts to it. Just an awesome guitar that growls with the BB Pro's in it! The worn mahogeny neck feels great as well!...Mind you I sold my Honeyburst Epi to get it...but we gotta do what we gotta do!

Archived