Gibson Brands Forums

My new chromed out baby

WynD

Hi all,

I just joined the forum recently after I purchased my Epiphone Les Paul.

I was asking for help in finding chrome pieces for I am an extreme chrome-a-holic #-o

I was able to find real chrome pickup rings and knobs. But the Epi pick guards and some other pieces are not exact replicas of a true Les Paul, I was having trouble finding those.

Here in the forum I met TWANG who set me up with a fantasic mirror pick guard, truss rod cover, and pickup switch plate.

[crying] Please do not ask TWANG for a little while about the tr cover for he is still recovering from making that for me [crying] I may have a one of a kind item there...[biggrin]

I thought I would post a couple pics for myself and to show TWANG's great work.

WynD

I hope I have put this in the right place.... Wasn't 100% sure if this shold go here or in the lounge.

I see in the preview that these are just small thumbnail types of pics. Click on the pick and it will take you to Webshots where I have the pic stored for a better view. Not sure how to post the pic full size?? Thought that was how it would show up... oh well [blush]

2615775200048914753sKFtPb_th.jpg

2456046930048914753zPoPAv_th.jpg

2828504290048914753NzhsdL_th.jpg

I am still on the search for a chrome jack plate. And also on my old Les Paul I even had a chrome replacement for the pickup switch. The end screwed off and I put the new chrome one on. I haven't tried yet and don't know if the Ephiphone one screws off or not.

But if it does..... LET THERE BE CHROME!!!! Ya ha ha ha.

WynD

Looks great, WynD .... welcome to the forum and enjoy yer geetar !!!! I almost went the all chrome/mirror route on my honeyburst.....ended up just removing the guard and swapping to speedknobs. Your guitar looks great imho !!! Looks really nice on the blue finish !!!

Hi all' date='

I just joined the forum recently after I purchased my Epiphone Les Paul.

I was asking for help in finding chrome pieces for I am an extreme chrome-a-holic [cool

I was able to find real chrome pickup rings and knobs. But the Epi pick guards and some other pieces are not exact replicas of a true Les Paul, I was having trouble finding those.

Here in the forum I met TWANG who set me up with a fantasic mirror pick guard, truss rod cover, and pickup switch plate.

[crying] Please do not ask TWANG for a little while about the tr cover for he is still recovering from making that for me [crying] I may have a one of a kind item there...[biggrin]

I thought I would post a couple pics for myself and to show TWANG's great work.

WynD

I hope I have put this in the right place.... Wasn't 100% sure if this shold go here or in the lounge.

I see in the preview that these are just small thumbnail types of pics. Click on the pick and it will take you to Webshots where I have the pic stored for a better view. Not sure how to post the pic full size?? Thought that was how it would show up... oh well [blush]

2615775200048914753sKFtPb_th.jpg

2456046930048914753zPoPAv_th.jpg

2828504290048914753NzhsdL_th.jpg

Dayum! Now that's sharp! [love] I love the deep contrast between the blue ( nice figured maple under it too!) and the "bling". Very nice!

Sorry mate, just not my cup of tea to have it all chromed, and I loathe those control knobs on a Les Paul. Still, it's not my guitar, so all power to you. I will say though that the flame top on that thing is DAMN HOT!

Thanks everyone,

I know chrome isn't for everyone. It's a totally individual thing [biggrin]

I love the trans blue finish with the woodgrain look. Along with all that cool chrome I am thrilled with the way it came out. [love]

That is a beautiful looking blue guitar you have there Matiac [drool] I love the look of it too without a pick guard. A Les Paul, whether you're talking Gibson or Epi, is one great looking guitar. Les Pauls have always been and always be my personal favorite :D/

I am really happy with my Epi Les Paul. It is a really nice playing and sounding guitar which is the most important thing.

I love the weight of it too. I used to have a Gibson Les Paul Custom which weighed quite a bit. My Epi brings back those warm fuzzy feelings of my old friend [biggrin]

Thanks again everyone

WynD

I like all colors.

The Epi that I just happened to come across, pick up and play, and fell in love with just happened to be this beautiful trans blue.

That is a beauty EG. That silver finish is really sweet. And everybody all ready knows how much I love the chrome.

WynD

Nice work TWANG, and happy chrome day WynD! (i don't know if it's new or not, but every day should be happy when you have something you like...)

chrome a holic, eh? check out these...

http://www.normandyguitars.com/

http://www.alumisonic.com/

I'm sure you'd like the alumisonic guitar more, because it's les-paul shaped... They said they could make an es-335 shaped hollowbody with a flat back, so i want one of those, a normandy custom shop (i've asked them about everything i'd want on it, and they said they could do all of that... it's just a matter of being able to afford it...) both in black with gold hardware, because I am not a chromeaholic... :)

and finally, since you all LOVE the guy, a custom ed roman guitar or two...

Thanks FenirLupus

Those are some very cool looking guitars.

And you're absolutely right. I love the alumisonic guitar. It would be fun to test drive one of those and see what it can do. Those copper guitars are beautiful too. WOW!!

No prices on the website but I can guess those are pretty pricey.

In a couple hours I may stop drooling over it :-)

Thanks FenirLupus

Those are some very cool looking guitars.

And you're absolutely right. I love the alumisonic guitar. It would be fun to test drive one of those and see what it can do. Those copper guitars are beautiful too. WOW!!

No prices on the website but I can guess those are pretty pricey.

In a couple hours I may stop drooling over it :-)

You may stop drooling, but it may never leave your head, even if you buy one...

Archived