Gibson Brands Forums

i ain't bothered with the guitar lately...

S t e v e

do any of you have periods were you can't be bothered to play?, i started a new job 3 weeks ago and have only picked up a guitar once in the last 3 weeks...i just can't be bothered!, but the strange thing is the i'm finding myself putting more time into my car ie detailing and modifying...iv'e told myself that tomorrow i'm gonna spend some time on the car then i'm gonna sit down for a while and try and re-bond with my gibson :-k

MCMURRAY:

I don't want to Hijack the thread. I will post later

even though being a keyboard! [biggrin]

She does though tend to sway me to abandon

my affectionate playing of my other ladies.

I look forward to it. I recently bought a Yamaha Motif XS6 and it's playing very nicely with the guitars. Does a good imitation of a Hammond too [biggrin]

Rule no. 334.3 states,

"In order for members to remain active and allowed into the Forums they must play their guitar, even if it's a Fender, at least once every two days. Failure to adhere to this mandate could result in a unicorn face painting, a free subscription to "I'm stil a Molly Hatchet groupie", and unscheduled probationary visits by dem00n."

Pretty clear.....

Rule no. 334.3 states,

"In order for members to remain active and allowed into the Forums they must play their guitar, even if it's a Fender, at least once every two days. Failure to adhere to this mandate could result in a unicorn face painting, a free subscription to "I'm stil a Molly Hatchet groupie", and unscheduled probationary visits by dem00n."

Pretty clear.....

Steve ill see you in 30 mins, i need to pickup my supplies.

craigh ill see you tommrow.

Rule no. 334.3 states,

Pretty clear.....

[scared]

[laugh]

Rule no. 334.3 states,

Pretty clear.....

Man, why you down on Molly Hatchet? That band has had some talented musicians and some pretty good songs.

Man, why you down on Molly Hatchet? That band has had some talented musicians and some pretty good songs.

My dear internet friend, if you re-read my comment, I wasn't downing Molly... I was commenting on 70's groupies. Have you seen one now, lmbo, (if thery're still alive?) Oh my, I just threw up in meh mouff... Now, if you're mad at me 'cos you like them, them I appologize... :-#

I can't go more than 2 days without playing something. Guitar (even though it might be Acoustic or resonator or set up for slide), Mandolin, Drums, or learning something new about the keyboard or something. I get all cranky and restless, and I have a hard time paying attention when I don't play for any length of time.

I know this probably isn't the best habit, but it seems with me, the more I gig the less I play at home. I've been playing a lot of gigs lately (at least a lot for me) and on average only pick up my guitar at home about twice a week.

I know this probably isn't the best habit, but it seems with me, the more I gig the less I play at home. I've been playing a lot of gigs lately (at least a lot for me) and on average only pick up my guitar at home about twice a week.

With all the gigging, perhaps playing guitar has turned into a job? I hope I'm wrong.

With all the gigging, perhaps playing guitar has turned into a job? I hope I'm wrong.

What's wrong with that? Why is there the perception in our society that you have to hate your job and only do what you love as a "Pass Time"?

I mean, when was the last time you thought, "Man, I've been playing too much guitar lately, I sure wish I was cleaning Grease Traps or Organizing Paper Work."

Archived