Gibson Brands Forums

Do you believe in ghosts?

Twiz

I don't know if it's because it's fall and Halloween is coming or what, but lately I've found myself kind of obsessed with super-natural themed tv shows. -Ghost Adventures, Paranormal Activity, Ghost Hunters, etc. I don't know what to make of them, sometimes I think that crap is real, and other times, I think it's just a bunch of weirdos running around in the dark. What do you guys think?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have a ghost in our house. My wife and I have both seen him separately of various occasions. Strange things do happen occasionally such as doors opening, doorbell ringing, faucets turning on, things falling off shelves, etc.

We've done enough research to find out his name and a little bit about his life and death (from natural causes). He must have been a very nice man and causes no real problems around the house for me or my wife. In fact he has opened doors for her when her hands were full, quite a gentleman.

I've also had other "paranormal" experiences in various places. Maybe I'm just a good medium.

I have had a few "paranormal" experiences.. including seeing what I believe to be a ghost. Some of those shows though? It's hard to say whether or not most of that stuff is real. I think Ghost Hunters is probably credible.. but Ghost Adventures seems a bit contrived at times.

So yea, I guess you could say I do believe in them.

Bah its just your imagination. Would be cool if there was though. The irony is, that some of the people that believe in ghosts, dont believe in God and the after life (not saying its any of you guys). I just wonder how they figure if theres no after life, how can there be ghosts? You might as well believe in Vampires and Werewolves as well lol.

Its more of you want to believe in them, so you see them. Its all your imagination lol.

The one time I saw a ghost, I hadnt really gave it much thought at all. I know that I never particularily wanted to see one, cuz the thought of it kind of creeps me out. But to make a long-ish story short, I was living on a friends couch about 20 years ago. I came home to a dark house and saw what I thought was a roomate go from the bathroom to the bedroom and shut the door. Turns out I was the only one home. His girlfriend came home about a half hour later and verified it. The owner of the house said it was the ghost of so and so (cant remember) - and they see him all the time.

Thats my only experience, and I'd like to keep it that way.

I went to a rather well known graveyard, in springfield Nebraska called Balls Cemetary..But im going to start with this..I have had supernatural occurence before this (the graveyard)...( Years ago i dabbled in the occult and it was the stupidest thing i ever did) Bad things started to happen after that...One day i woke up and went downstairs for about 15 min...After about 10-15 min i was downstairs, me and my mom smelled smoke...I rushed up to my room to see a pair of shorts folded up on my dresser in 1 foot flames...Fire was everywhere, and burnt my self carrying the blazing shorts to the bathroom and dousing them with water....No lighters, matches or even SUNLIGHT was in that room. This was the day after i attempted to do a occultic protection ritual...I shortly turned to God, within this period. Now to go back to the graveyard story.....I have been there 2 times before, with ex gf, and a couple friends...Everytime i took hundreds of pictures, and every picture was always flooded with orbs...no matter whose camera. The last time i went there, was with my one friend who doesnt believe in the paranormal...I wasnt getting nearly as much orb activity as i was getting in previous visits...We there for 15 min ( the little graveyard is inside a forest, and its around 12 am now) and started walking to the right towards the forested side of the graveyard...As soon as we got halfway to the gate, a demonic gurgle that went to a high pitched agonizing ( the only way i can describe it is, is the sound of girl getting murdered) scream shrieked through the air...Me and my friends had to put out hands over our ears to protect our ears from the volume...Both him and me were frozen in fear...And the scariest thing is how this scream started at such a low pitch,,literally like a demonic growl, then went to the agonizing "girl getting massacred" scream...The scream was coming straight ahead, out of the forest..When i looked up all i saw was darkness, and my feet ran as fast as they could to the car...I have never been so scared in my life, and I ran to get the hell out of there...My friend was shortly behind me running, covering his ears from this demonic scream. We got in the car and raced off, and did not say a word..I know alot of people will not believe me and blow this off...but please do not mess with the paranormal...I still have haunting dreams about that night, and something DID NOT want us there...

On a serious note. My house is haunted. I live in a listed building. It used to be a library. Loads of things happen here. My dog gets spooked a lot (pit bull) and she's not a softie. I get groups come here for ghost evenings. They leave happy. I live here with just my dog and I love it. I hear footsteps, Books falling. Things disappear. Etc.

But I love it and whatever's here doesn't hurt me and they're welcome to stay.

Archived