Gibson Brands Forums

Chorus Pedals

Andre S

Im not a big Boss fan, but their double pedal CE20 Chorus is pretty sweet.

I'm not a big Boss fan either but I have a couple Boss pedals that I love. That double pedal chorus though... I HATE that pedal.

And I've had extensive experience with it. My bandmate got one in a trade a while ago thinking it must be the best one because it's big and has blinking lights and stuff... I've never heard it make one sound that I didn't think would be better if it was just turned off. That's just me though.

On the other hand I love my old CE-3. First Boss chorus with stereo out. Maybe I should give the big one another shot but I'm convinced that I won't ever like it.

Sorry for the long negative Nancy post.

MXR M-134

[thumbup] I use this one,too, after quite an extensive search for a good full chorus pedal that runs Two amps without a lot of Hiss. The Ibanez SC-10 was nice sounding chorus, but very noisy when using both output jacks. I use DCF-10 for Flange, but don't care for the chorus sound it gets.

I tend toward Dunlop and MXR stuff now, I used to go with Ibanez first, but in the last few years Dunlop has surpassed Ibanez in sound quality. Ibanez has been concentrating on their Budget Models while MXR has added quite a few very nice pedals for the Working Musician.

Boss has always left me wanting, maybe because all my friends used them in the 80's and 90's and I just didn't want to sound like everybody else, or maybe because they over compress the signal.

What other pedals are good besides the TC Electronics Chorus? Or is the TC really worth it?

What flavor of chorus do you want?

- Tight, twelve string simulating chorus like a Danelectro Cool Cat

OR

- Lush, watery chorus that is more phaser-esq like a Rotovibe

What flavor of chorus do you want?

- Tight, twelve string simulating chorus like a Danelectro Cool Cat

OR

- Lush, watery chorus that is more phaser-esq like a Rotovibe

Eric Johnson type chorus.

Like in this video:

Looks to me like EJ is using a TC Electronics, but.......

I have a hard time hearing his Chorus under all that reverb and echo. Also, even though I do like Eric Johnson, I've always felt he was guilty of Over Effecting his tone. I get a laugh every time I hear him describe his "Clean" tone, it might not be Overdriven, but it ain't Clean either.

I use the original 18v Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus (not to be confused with the "cool cat" product line of Dano). It is an excellent, lush, warm sounding pedal and has stereo outs if you need it. It kills on baterries, and the 18v adapter is pretty hard to find...so best to check ebay for used pedals that have the adapter.

I use the original 18v Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus (not to be confused with the "cool cat" product line of Dano). It is an excellent, lush, warm sounding pedal and has stereo outs if you need it. It kills on baterries, and the 18v adapter is pretty hard to find...so best to check ebay for used pedals that have the adapter.

Want to buy mine? A friend is selling it for me - http://cgi.ebay.com/Danelectro-Cool-Cat-Chorus-Pedal-/270657727469?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item3f04752bed

Archived