Gibson Brands Forums

How Often Do You Play Guitar?

damian

I practice everyday. I try to go for at least a half hour on week days. The weekend could be anything from a half hour to all day.

I study about every other day. No reason for that just how I work.

I guess I go to a teacher every 2 months or so. I know the guy pretty well but I really only play with him every once in a while. He prefers I learn a lot in 2 hours and use that to almost teach myself. Really good guy.

I have never gigged but I am only 17 so there is some time.

I gig 2-3 times a month, that is 2 or 3 weekends, usually twice a weekend (Four Weekends a Month in the Summer and Winter),

The Band Practices two times a week for about three of four hours.

On a daily basis, I play my guitar (either Practice or just jamming) for 2 or 3 hours. Although, lately, I've been playing the drums for a couple hours and my guitar for may one hour. Drums are fun, I'd like to get good enough to play in a side project.

Daily unless old man pain is acting up too badly. Going to be the hardest part of getting old for me. Music is my main tension relief - sanity check but this joint pain is getting to be a serious problem on both guitar and sax. [cursing][crying]

Of course more - better alcohol and drugs would help but then you're in rehab . . . [-X8-[ :o

I play a little everyday as some of my guitars sit on stands right in front of where I normally sit.

Thanks for your response Rocky4...I have many reasons for having started this thread...I am waiting to choose a new home, and so many of my guitars are packed away. Similar to you, I make sure that there is always a guitar or two (or more) on a stand within easy reach to remind me and to force me to play / practice / study every day....I'm retired, only 47, and music and law are the most important life sustaining activities for me...Thanks... Surfpup as well, same thing too; keep guitars close by....

It all depends on work.

Some days not much time at all when it's well past "can't see" outside.

Some days quite a bit, depending.

Actually there've been times when I haven't played for several weeks because of work responsibilities. I think at times that's almost a good thing because my head has been running variations on stuff in different ways than I usually play.

In fact, I think sometimes that enforced "time away" isn't at all bad.

Then again, it all depends. If there's something special coming up, yeah, more playing. I'm not sure how much you'd call it practice and how much just muscle memory at times...

m

Archived