Gibson Brands Forums

An Offer

Californiaman

Put an offer on a home today.

It's a bank owned 3,000 square foot, four bedroom, three bath home on half an acre corner lot.

It's in great shape too. The listing price was $120,000 below the comps. We offered a little less than the listing price of $567,900, plus closing costs ($17,000).

There is a three car garage where two stalls were converted to a very nicely done finished room (man cave). Although I might turn it back into a garage at a later time.

Hopefully we'll know something by Friday at the end of the day.

Wish me luck.

[-o<

Snapshot2010-11-1716-37-34.jpg

good luck - It's a weird market right now my wife and I made some ridiculously low offers back in July for a couple of smaller 1600 sq. foot homes that the bank had repo'd, the offers were for well less than half of what the home was sold for two years ago when they were built, but it was a bank owned home so we had nothing to lose.

Heard nothing for months and then last week they called us and told us we could have them both. So I'm gonna be a landlord I guess on at least one of them, the other my wife wants to just keep for a few years for a possible retirement home and she doesn't want renters to trash it so she thinks I should use the whole thing as a man cave and art studio.

Anyway sorry to hijack your post - Best of Luck. [thumbup]

Chan,

this is indeed our first home.

We've been renting for eight years where we're at now and before that we were in a home for 4 years renting there.

The interior needs a little paint.

I'd take out a couple of shrubs and trees and back fill a small artificial pond in the back yard.

I'm going to plant some fruit trees too.

good luck - It's a weird market right now my wife and I made some ridiculously low offers back in July for a couple of smaller 1600 sq. foot homes that the bank had repo'd, the offers were for well less than half of what the home was sold for two years ago when they were built, but it was a bank owned home so we had nothing to lose.

Heard nothing for months and then last week they called us and told us we could have them both. So I'm gonna be a landlord I guess on at least one of them, the other my wife wants to just keep for a few years for a possible retirement home and she doesn't want renters to trash it so she thinks I should use the whole thing as a man cave and art studio.

Anyway sorry to hijack your post - Best of Luck. [thumbup]

Don't think you hijacked my post. Not at all.

This same home sold in 2005 for $975,000.

I'm confident the bank will accept our offer.

Hope you get the house! msp_thumbup.gif

I have a question for you homeowners. Isn't $537,900 a lot of money for a 3000 square foot home? My parents bought our current home in 2008 for somewhere around $250,000. It's 3100 square feet and it was built in 2007. So $537,000 seems a little high to me. But then again, I'm only 16. I have absolutely no experience with house buying.

Hope you get the house! msp_thumbup.gif

I have a question for you homeowners. Isn't $537,900 a lot of money for a 3000 square foot home? My parents bought our current home in 2008 for somewhere around $250,000. It's 3100 square feet and it was built in 2007. So $537,000 seems a little high to me. But then again, I'm only 16. I have absolutely no experience with house buying.

Not in Cali. In fact it's a good deal even though it's a helluva lot of money.

Tman5293, real estate is valued by location. The market in California is far different than it is in Texas, or Tennessee for that matter. My home is tiny by comparison, and has a tax value of over 100k, for instance. It sits on an acre lot, and I'd wager you couldn't touch an undeveloped acre lot in Houston for that.

Make sense?

Awesome, Hey best of luck and hope you get it! Drove through Santa Maria last weekend. What a great place. Keep the Mancave or better yet, turn it into a practice room for a band! [thumbup]

Oh my amplifiers, guitars and gear are the first thing I'm moving in there.

Next time you're in the area let me know.

We've got some great affordable eateries around here.

Roony's is a new Irish pub in Old Town Orcutt and certainly worth visiting.

Jayzus. I'd never make it in today's market without my head exploding. I bought my house w/2 car garage and 2 acre lot in 1983 for $13,000.

Oh how we long for those days.

California real estate is indeed out of whack.

What's worse is that all of the new housing developments are right on top of each other.

It's crazy. If I can jump from roof top to roof top, they're too close.

Archived