Gibson Brands Forums

You know what Gibson needs?

Thundergod

Actually I agree

It's the only pickup I still like that Gibson currently makes. All others I change out and install 70's and early 80's Gibson pickups.

<shock>

Say it ain't so, Duane!!

Not my beloved '57 Classics!!

:D

I agree 100%.

The Gibson guitar that I really want is an alpine white SG with two P90s, a small pickguard, a bound ebony fretboard and a Bigsby. Also, a rounded 50s-style neck like on my Faded. If it could be a neck-through, that would be even better. Man, now I have GAS for an imaginary guitar.

Yeah, P90s are definitely awesome. The first time I played an SG Classic (after I bought my Special Faded,) I very strongly considered selling my SF and buying a Classic instead. It has a very appealing tone and a great feel.

EDIT: On that note, Gibson definitely needs to offer a greater variety of standard colors in the SG line. For instance, bringing back the tobacco burst. And now I'm complaining.

Also, at some point I should probably learn to actually play guitar. [unsure]

ES-335 with a P90 in the neck, middle positions and a humbucker in the bridge. A bigsby with chrome or nickel hardware and a black finish. That's what I plan on doing to a Sheraton [thumbup] it would be sweet

But yeah, I like P90s, but I don't like two in the same guitar. one P90 one humbucker for me

EDIT: On that note, Gibson definitely needs to offer a greater variety of standard colors in the SG line. For instance, bringing back the tobacco burst. And now I'm complaining.

Also, at some point I should probably learn to actually play guitar. [unsure]

Agreed, having an option for a Bigsby on a standard and not having to go CS would be sweet as well.

Bingo. I had to search for a P 90 LP on eBay cause I couldn't afford a new one. At that time, only the custom shop was making them and they were pricey. I almost pulled the trigger on a couple, but even used, the price was scary. I eventually wound up with a Hamer Special for around $750 that I love, but it would be great if Gibson would make one around the $1000 range.

......but I wont trade my Hamer.............

BnP8NgCGkKGrHqQOKiYEtln4Og7BLls6ZWS.jpg

I like the LP Special in TV Yellow with P-100s.

Single or double cut. It doesn't matter.

What I'd really take though is a '56 Byrdland with P-90s.

I think Gibson should give us a choice.

Then again, if I know gibson, it'll be like $750.00 more for pickup choices.

I love the special in tv yellow too [thumbup] double or single cut, I don't mind as long as it's got that finish and p90s [thumbup] but I think you are right, + $750 for the choice (and most would go with HBs for those 750 [rolleyes] )

I agree 100%.

The Gibson guitar that I really want is an alpine white SG with two P90s, a small pickguard, a bound ebony fretboard and a Bigsby.

That would be a great guitar [woot] I could go without the bigsby, but I wouldn't mind going with it. [thumbup]

Man, now I have GAS for an imaginary guitar.

Dude... I am GASsing for that same guitar now too [thumbup]

I was wrong in my original post, calling those P-100s. They're P-90s.

My son has been telling me that he wants a LP Special in TV Yellow for a couple of months now.

Can't necessarily get him one for Christmas because he's got so many things on his list.

Still, if I could I'd get one for either the kid or myself.

Just can't afford the $1,500.00 right now.

Archived