Gibson Brands Forums

Under Appreciated Bands

Tman5293

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dunno guys.

ELO and Prince were HUGE for an extended period of time.

Plenty of appreciation until it finally began to wane, eh?

Silvertide.

The Answer.

New American Shame.

Three bands that have it in spades, opened for big names, yet nobody knows who they are.

Silvertide and NAS have now split up after only one album.

This might be sacrelidge on a mostly guitar oriented forum, but I'm gonna go with Morphine. Very little guitar work, but mostly bass and sax driven - they produced some absolutely brilliant music.

Also, Saxon? The "Denim and Leather", 1980's Saxon? Just curious because it didnt seem to fit with the rest of the songs listed. Kind of an oddball.

Blues Image was another band that was a lot better than the record sales showed. The last group of Iron Butterfly (with Mike Pinera from Blues Image), had a great sound and stage presence.

Blues Image was another band that was a lot better than the record sales showed. The last group of Iron Butterfly (with Mike Pinera from Blues Image), had a great sound and stage presence.

You mean...73 men sailed off.......Ride captain ride? One of my all time favorite songs with a great lead solo.

How about Jonathan Edwards Sunshine? Not a band but a one hit singer. Also Dave Mason.

For me, I have to say it would be "the toy dolls." An english band slightly comedic/punk. Vocals are erm unique but the actual musicianship is fantastic. The lead singer/guitarist "olga" is entertaining, and plays a mean guitar. They have written a lot of great tunes and covered lots of classics as well as classical tunes.

Archived