Gibson Brands Forums

SNOW!

Silenced Fred

Well here in the UK we have one inch of snow and the whole country has ground to a juddering halt and to make things worse ive just got rid of my landrover and bought a merc, rear wheel drive. #-o

Mercedes or Mercury? [biggrin] Sorry had to say that.

Yes it is the worst snow for 30 years. The snow is two foot deep and the roads haven't been gritted hardly anywhere. All the air ports are closed and the weather in Scotland was -21 last night. It was -7 in london last night so very chilly!

The school I teach guitar in like loads of schools is closed and my wife's special school she works is open but hardly anyone can get in!

Matt

Yes it is the worst snow for 30 years. The snow is two foot deep and the roads haven't been gritted hardly anywhere. All the air ports are closed and the weather in Scotland was -21 last night. It was -7 in london last night so very chilly!

The school I teach guitar in like loads of schools is closed and my wife's special school she works is open but hardly anyone can get in!

Matt

Wow!

Just.. wow!

This is where I was meant to be today

DSC01190.jpg

The family truckster msp_biggrin.gif

161180_1226351024_8070408_n.jpg

Wow Matt the visual of the school is just great. Beautiful. Must be a fun place to teach. Seems strangely sacred or hallowed.

Just started to snow by me. personally, I love the snow, but hate cold weather.

Anyone else getting any? Snow that is [flapper]

we got loads of it over here in england at the moment, all over the country is smothered and severe weather warnings have been issued.

i wouldn't mind it if it wasn't cold and slippery [biggrin]

Wow Matt the visual of the school is just great. Beautiful. Must be a fun place to teach. Seems strangely sacred or hallowed.

yes this school (I visit three as a guitar teacher) is like Hogwarts LOL!

There is a lot of history around in Britain, but most people, me included much of the time, take it for granted because it is all we know. It is only when I meet Australians, Americans etc visiting, that I take stock of how many old buildings are around and appreciate it more. For examples 5 miles away from where we live, there is the remains of a Roman villa.

They really don't make em like they used to LOL. Our house is 130 years old and still standing strong!!

Matt

Been snow here for a couple weeks. About 6 inches all over the valley, it's been pretty cold so most of it is still on the ground. the Ski Resorts have several feet of snow thanks to Snow Making and the dry cold air.

Sunny Southern California [lol] I just love stereotypes [flapper]

yes this school (I visit three as a guitar teacher)

off topic, matt i don't suppose you know a fellow guitar teacher by the name of kenneth wood? he lived in west hampstead when i had lessons with him back in the late 90's and he teaches in schools...i know he still advertises lessons in guitarist mag :-k

• 2 weeks later...

Archived