Gibson Brands Forums

I finally found MY STRAT! NGD!

mr newhaven

I had sold off my 07 AVRI Strat because the pups were a bit "thin" and overall...while I was VERY PLEASED with it...it lacked a certain something that just made it hard to bond with...

But I learned that I love love love Olympic White finishes!

So I went strat-less for about a year...knowing full well...that I would pick one up again...but only if it was the "right" one.

well I found it!

I picked this up off of The Music Zoo...and I couldn't be happier.

Its oil finished...so its very smooth...very natural feeling...it has the greatest neck I have ever played and the pickups are creamy and bright!

All I need to do now is take better pics but this is the one off the site...

60_Stratocaster_Relic_Oil_Finish_R37783combo1.jpg

its an '07 custom shop 60's strat in the oil finish...music zoo claims its a "one off" done for them...

and it has been lightly relic'd...the hardware is slightly worn in as is the pickguard and plastic knobs...but that finish!

wow!

its sooo smooth and just feels soo right!

i dont know if i can play a "finished" neck again and be happy!

haha

[thumbup]

Love it!

Strats with opaque poly finishes are very nice, but they just don't compare to clear, natural finishes. I love seeing all that beautiful wood!

completely agree! that grain is just spectacular. in car terms, it looks like a sleeper.

Thats 1 FINE looking Strat !! what p'up set is in it that it doesn't sound thin?

I put off buying a Strat for over 20 years because of the thin/bright/raspy/60hz buzz SSS coil connundrum....

Then I discovered the Amer.Dlx. series with 3rd generation "noiseless" single coils that really ARE noiseless, AND it has a "phase switching" S1 button in the crown of the V-knob that can make it sound as thick as an SG or even a Lester if "toned" right.

When I tried one out @ GC and found out they make 1 in Olympic Pearl (my favorite "white") I had to have one.

Yours has that beautiful oil finish and really dark rosewood f/b......I hope it gives you decades of enjoyment.

Just a thought, but have you considered a tortoise shell pg & p'up covers on it?

I had a 68 Strat that looked just like it...I had to sell it after a year of health problems in 1999, my grandfather and I refinished it together, it had three micro switches between the stock switch and the knobs....I pray it has a good home...there isn't a day goes by I don't think about that guitar....

Archived