Gibson Brands Forums

Unexpected Trip to the Hospital

Bowdiddley

Thanks to each and every one of you, I am truly humbled! I'm thankful for the prayers and kind wishes. You guys are the cats meow!

I am doing well, and actually I've a bit more energy than normal right now. I think thats a side effect from the steroids but for whatever reason I'll take it. Really other than the soreness from the liver biopsy I feel good.

Let me second what Chanman stated, PLEASE BECOME A DONOR! Its easy to become one and you can potentially improve or save someones life! Here is a link:

http://www.donatelife.net/CommitToDonation/

Sorry about the liver and onions, I love onions but hate liver! LOL

Milo you are right about the spirit and humor, I truly believe that humor and a good spirit will go a long way in ones healing process. At the hospital

I usually have the doctors and nurses laughing and cracking jokes. I feel like they need some humor as they see some pitiful things on a constant basis.

Duane I call it a bump in the road, and we all have them. Mine just centers on my liver. :)

I really do appreciate you guys!

Oh my goodness! Glad you are doing better. And let's keep it that way! It is amazing what advances in technology have enabled for us, thank goodness. And I always wonder about folks who may be reading our stories online here and if it helps people in anyway. Your story is inspiring, BD. Sounds like you've got a good team of pros working for you too.

Ftr, I hate liver and onions LOL Now fried onions and melted cheese, that's one of my favourite things.

And as for the donor thing, I have signed my donor card and they can take what they want from me [biggrin] My parts are pretty decent, I think. Altho', I have to go for an echocardiogram on Monday :unsure: (it's probably the fried-onions-and-melted-cheese thing!)

I've heard that if everyone signed their cards, there would be no want for organs and no one would die on the wait-list. So yeah, sign those cards folks.

• 4 weeks later...

I just wanted to give an update. I was at the hospital for another biopsy yesterday and it seems like the rejection has stopped! YEAH!!!! =D> I big thanks go out to all of your kind thoughts, I think it made a difference! [thumbup]

Now back to labs every other month, thankfully!

Oh yeah my surgeon liked my "F chord U" shirt! [flapper] I knew he was a guitar player and was told that when he did my 8.5 hour surgery he had Led Zep playing the whole time! Pretty cool guy for a doctor! [thumbup]

I just wanted to give an update. I was at the hospital for another biopsy yesterday and it seems like the rejection has stopped! YEAH!!!! =D> I big thanks go out to all of your kind thoughts, I think it made a difference! [thumbup]

Now back to labs every other month, thankfully!

Oh yeah my surgeon liked my "F chord U" shirt! [flapper] I knew he was a guitar player and was told that when he did my 8.5 hour surgery he had Led Zep playing the whole time! Pretty cool guy for a doctor! [thumbup]

Here's hoping your doctor wasn't as sloppy as Page could be on occasion.msp_flapper.gif

Hope you've turned the corner for good Bo.

You are truly blessed.

I get the feeling most of the "regulars" on the board actually do feel they have a connection that transcends the miles and the lack of actual physical contact...

So when I, when we, wish each other well, I think it does reflect what's within us.

Good on yah, for sure... And we're with you hoping it continues to go well.

m

I get the feeling most of the "regulars" on the board actually do feel they have a connection that transcends the miles and the lack of actual physical contact...

So when I, when we, wish each other well, I think it does reflect what's within us.

Good on yah, for sure... And we're with you hoping it continues to go well.

m

I agree!

Bow, glad to hear this good news! I wonder if you'll be able to *channel* Led Zep now since this experience? If you start acting/playing like Jimmy Page we'll know it had an influence [biggrin]

I agree!

Bow, glad to hear this good news! I wonder if you'll be able to *channel* Led Zep now since this experience? If you start acting/playing like Jimmy Page we'll know it had an influence [biggrin]

That would be a nice side effect wouldn't it? [thumbup] I'll let you know how that goes!

Thanks everyone.

Archived