Gibson Brands Forums

moshing?...explain it to me please.

S t e v e

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bonfire...

Hey, watch out for comments about storebought teeth. I've had variations of 'em since '66. <grin>

Say what you might about my current age, I wasn't exactly an antique at that point in life. Nor have been more than a few others I've known over the years.

m

Bonfire...

Hey, watch out for comments about storebought teeth. I've had variations of 'em since '66. <grin>

Say what you might about my current age, I wasn't exactly an antique at that point in life. Nor have been more than a few others I've known over the years.

m

ive got store bought teeth also so im allowed to poke fun [thumbup] its starting to look like the op didnt quite get the age demographic he was looking for

Wow. Is everyone on this forum like, 70? Maybe we can all meet at Old Country Buffet and gripe about how those damn kids are always skateboarding on the sidewalks.

Get off my lawn you damn kids!

Early bird special at Golden Corral today, folks.

Got caught up in my first mosh pit at a Badfish show this summer. We were trying to make our way to the front or at least to a good spot on the floor and ended up packed like sardines in the middle of it (Lupo's in Providence is a very cozy place). With not an inch to spare between eachother, they start playing "We're Only Gonna Die for Our Own Arrogance" and everyone around us just started punching and pushing each other. As bruised up as I was when I stumbled out of that club, it was a great time. As long as the pit doesn't full on mosh throughout the whole show it can be fun.

Left Vt. at age 15; enlisted in the 112th Illinois Aug. 28, 1862, in Henry County. Served through the war. Diary's on line on Illinois Genweb. <grin> Later headed farther west with the only males with the surname... Lost track of the family's ladies left in New England by the turn of the century.

m

With not an inch to spare between eachother, they start playing "We're Only Gonna Die for Our Own Arrogance" and everyone around us just started punching and pushing each other.

You mean "we're only going to die", by Bad Religion?

You mean "we're only going to die", by Bad Religion?

Yes and no, Badfish is a Sublime tribute band and Sublime did a cover of that song (with that slightly different title) on their 40oz. to Freedom album. It's a pretty good cover if you haven't heard it, not as raw as BR's original but good nonetheless.

man, if sweaty shirtless boys rubbing up against each other isn't homo-erotic, i don't know what is....

If a Mosh Pit is Homo-Erotic then so is a Rugby Game.

BTW, Most people (girls and boys) are wearing their shirt in the pit, the rest of their cloths as well. Yeah, there's girls in the pit too. There's nothing Hetro-Erotic about it either.

Wow....I did not expect so many fuddy duddies..... [flapper]

I have been known to partake in these types of things. More commonly "circle pit." Depending on the band. Most of the time I gotta be on the rail. I know the risks involved. But EVERY pit I have ever witnessed or been in, people are there to have fun and if someone falls, people stop to help that person up.

There seems to be a fairly new thing called "wall of death." Crowd divides in half and when the band says to, they charge at each other. Again, if someone falls, people help em up.

I have been known to partake in these types of things. More commonly "circle pit." Depending on the band. Most of the time I gotta be on the rail. I know the risks involved. But EVERY pit I have ever witnessed or been in, people are there to have fun and if someone falls, people stop to help that person up.

There seems to be a fairly new thing called "wall of death." Crowd divides in half and when the band says to, they charge at each other. Again, if someone falls, people help em up.

Glad to hear pits have come around again. I remember pits in the eighties when there was a code: if someone fell you helped them up. If someone was hurt, you helped them to safety. Somewhere in the nineties mouth-breather frat guys infiltrated hard rock shows (probably heard "Killing In the Name" by RATM. It says the F word!) and pits started to become dudes with backwards ball caps and baggy jeans just punching and elbowing people. Not a fan of neanderthal violence, but sometimes it was nice to see a skinhead teach them a lesson.

Going to local punk shows and moshing were the best way to release the pressures of teenage angst and depression in a healthy way. It was a sense of community you didn't feel during the week at jr. high or high school.

LOL - no doubt. As Exodus would say, it's Good, Friendly, Violent Fun!

Anyway, while it might look like total chaos and a brawl, it's not.

Yeah - you can get hurt, but that's not the goal.

@$$holes who intentionally go around just trying to hurt people are usually the drunk rednecks who don't understand moshing, don't belong there and think it's just about hurting people. They get targeted pretty quickly by the pit and get their @$$ beat down to the floor in a bloody mess. Same with those who push people back in trying to leave the pit to catch their breath. That guy got his face mercilessly rearranged by the house sound monitor his head got violently smashed into repeatedly.

I'm 41 now, I'm a bit too old to mosh these days, but I love to watch it when we play.

There is nothing cooler than people moshing at your feet while you riff out the brutality!

If you don't understand it, that's cool, but it's nothing to be made fun of.

I think NASCAR fans are the biggest group of idiots on planet earth but that's their thing. Enjoy.

Archived