Gibson Brands Forums

The Pub Thread

Duende

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LMAO!!!

My friend with a hang over told his 4 year old daughter today that if she kept trying to make her Barbie Doll climb my guitar it could break it - and then he would have to sell all her toys to pay for it! LMAO! Her face looked so WTF!!!

Matt

That is a job for social services intervention.............. [-X

Oh yeah.

One of this days I'll find my way to St. James' Gate. And I'm not stopping at a meager lil' pint.

Oh no.

I'm going to drink and drink till my heart's content.

It really is worth a visit. The tour is really interesting and rises through 6 floors until you reach the Gravity Bar which has floor to ceiling glass walls that allow you to look over the whole of the Dublin area. Your entry fee entitles you to a "free" pint, but you can buy more ( obviously). The last time I was there (maybe 5 years ago) it was €13 to get in, and it was €4.50 a pint. For an extra €2 they'll teach you how to pour your own pint.

I imagine it's gone up a bit since then - I think it could be up to around €6 a pint. So NOT cheap.

But it does taste better than most other places.

And then, you can wander over the river to the Jameson distillery!!!!! [thumbup]

It really is worth a visit. The tour is really interesting and rises through 6 floors until you reach the Gravity Bar which has floor to ceiling glass walls that allow you to look over the whole of the Dublin area. Your entry fee entitles you to a "free" pint, but you can buy more ( obviously). The last time I was there (maybe 5 years ago) it was €13 to get in, and it was €4.50 a pint. For an extra €2 they'll teach you how to pour your own pint.

I imagine it's gone up a bit since then - I think it could be up to around €6 a pint. So NOT cheap.

But it does taste better than most other places.

And then, you can wander over the river to the Jameson distillery!!!!! [thumbup]

My sister studied abroad in Ireland for a semester. I was lucky enough to get over there and visit her while she was there. A Guinness Brewery, I did see. Fantastic little tour, and a delicious pint in the highest point in Dublin, if I remember correctly.

It was there (Ireland) that I was also introduced to Smithwick's. At that time, it was not available in the U.S. yet.

[scared] You have my complete sympathy.

it wont be easy; it will take about 5 days for my sleep to go back to normal and I shall experience in the meantime heart palpatations and mood swings; but with your love and support I think I can get through this...

Matt

I'm a liquor man. I have been known to chug beers though... just can't hang with the bourgie/hippy microbrews (IPA, wheat, retarded hops, etc). I love German beers and the beers they inspired like Negro Modelo and Bohemia. Don't typically pound the Bud Light & such.

Usually I do whiskeys of all kinds but I have been really getting off on Meyer's lately... I have yet to find a richer, deeper, darker rum.

Give me some good ole' cactus pi$$, Corona, and try it with both a lemon and a lime sometime just for a change of pace.

Beyond that, I like a good merlot with a steak and I actually like a cheap trilogy hybrid wine called Menage a Trois not that I would be opposed to just a real menage a trois . . . hey a guy can dream [-X

I have stayed up late with my wife to watch the Cricket - and as I write 'The Ashes' have been won after 24 years in Australia - so nice work guys msp_thumbup.gifmsp_biggrin.gif

Anyway onto more important issues. I drank some wine tonight and got to 3/4 of the bottle and thought, 'this is strange I feel completely fine and my balance is remarkably accurate LOL'. I checked the label and i had accidentally purchased 5 percent alcoholic wine.

It was actually really nice though LOL. Cheers

Matt

article-1344785-0CA5D27F000005DC-256_468x286.jpg

There's a beer that I liked very much called John Courage, and I believe it was from England. There may be more "flavors" in the brand family than I'm aware of, but I've only had the amber and liked it a lot. Haven't been able to find it anywhere in a few years.

I read something, somewhere, on the internets, that it's no longer available in the U.S. Don't know if it's true or not. Any of you U.K. fellows familiar with it?

Can't really drink lager anymore... Tastes like pi55!! [flapper]

Simon, great to see you here my amigo...

msp_crying.gif I am very ashamed to say I just cannot stand 'real' beer. Give me Peroni or Budvar Lager I am happy; but beer just does not do it for me.

Matt

Archived