Gibson Brands Forums

So what are you passionate about?

daveinspain

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to ride when I lived in Apache Jct, (Arizona) but never had a ride that nice.

There are far too many deer up here for me to get back into bikes.

My second love after guitars/tube amps/tube hoarding is Survival/hunting stuff. I've got 30 acres with a cabin, wood burning stove, small pond, ect.

I used to ride when I lived in Apache Jct, (Arizona) but never had a ride that nice.

There are far too many deer up here for me to get back into bikes.

My second love after guitars/tube amps/tube hoarding is Survival/hunting stuff. I've got 30 acres with a cabin, wood burning stove, small pond, ect.

Wow Murph, excellent!!! Trade you for the Harley... [biggrin]

Golf, Video Games, driving, helping others, learning about and using new technology, my future wife (of course), having a family someday, and saving for retirement.

When I retire I'd like to take a course on building guitars. I'd do it now but I can't quite afford it.

Golf, Video Games, driving, helping others, learning about and using new technology, my future wife (of course), having a family someday, and saving for retirement.

When I retire I'd like to take a course on building guitars. I'd do it now but I can't quite afford it.

I'd like to learn to build acoustic guitars as well.

It is expensive though.

There is a luthier/teacher in my area that teaches a few times a year. Classes last 4 weeks at 8 hours a day. He even accomodates out of towners with room and board.

The course is $4000.00.

His builds sell starting at $8000.00

That would be a nice retirement present.If things go according to plan, that should be in about 6 years.

Dave

Hunting (archery), fishing and camping.

I'm actually surprised there's so many hunters on here!

quite surprising, isn't it? I also like bow hunting, I shot my first hog with a bow about two years ago(before that I just used rifles) and it quickly became one of my favorite types of hunting. I also recently helped get my mom into hunting. she shot her first hog about two years ago and it still remains one of my favorite hunts.

quite surprising, isn't it? I also like bow hunting, I shot my first hog with a bow about two years ago(before that I just used rifles) and it quickly became one of my favorite types of hunting. I also recently helped get my mom into hunting. she shot her first hog about two years ago and it still remains one of my favorite hunts.

Where are you nabbing these beasts? And how was the meat? I love wild game meat, but have never had wild boar.

EVOL wild hogs are a huge problem here in the south (destruction of crops and farm land)and from what I read they are making their way north pretty fast. Its unusual to go hunting here in SC and not see hogs. Their meat is pork and taste that way but with a little gaminess. We soak wild hog meat in buttermilk overnight to take the gaminess out.

Where are you nabbing these beasts? And how was the meat? I love wild game meat, but have never had wild boar.

I have gone boar hunting twice, and the meat is delicious. Everyone says it tastes so much better until they find out its boar, then they get offended. I would recommend it

This thread...

Nah, right now about getting in better shape. I'm walking with my Lab for 45 minutes 4-5 days a week (with ankle weights AND wrist weights [woot] ) and doing sit-ups daily.

I'm also passionate about my family, my church, my dogs, teaching, kids, having fun, getting better even though I'm getting older, and most importantly, living a life for Christ. Even though I'm not close to perfection (nor will I ever be #-o ), I am saved by faith alone and my actions stem from that faith and not the other way around. I trespass against people and I forgive those who trespass against me. I forgive them because I want to be forgiven by my Father. I try to repair the messes I've made not because I should, but because He lives in me and I love Him. I'm not "religious" [-X and I live free from praying to saints, being a slave to rituals, idol worshiping, false teachings, and lies. I'm so better off than I was before.... Ok, passionate enough? ;)

For me it's local history. I live on the site of a former CA gold rush town surrounded by old mining claims. I'm doing research for a book on the history of this area that should be published next year. Some of the picture in the slideshow below were taken during the gold rush literally in my back yard.

http://www.slideshar...-the-gold-rush#

.... Actually to put my own initial response into perspective...

My little bro claims that when I decide to learn something, I reeeeally get into it.

History, living history of 1860-90; guitar; firearms/firearms history; both eastern and western traditional martial arts and philosophy - which I see as functionally identical, physical and mental; a bit of learning theory; writing for fun and to eat, ditto photography...

But then... I'm back to the original: Everything, nothing...

m

Archived