Gibson Brands Forums

West Coast or East Coast or Somewhere in Middle America

Californiaman

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now....

That's awfully condescending to the rest of the country.

You know - those of us who don't WANT to live on either coast...

[flapper]

I coulda moved anywhere in the USA, I was fortunate in that regard.

When I left Texas, it had to be someplace GOOD. :-k

Now I'm in the NeoCon Compound, located in the remote deserts west of Phoenix, Arizona. B)

Home of the electric blues, on the shores of beautiful Lake Michigan: Chicago, IL.

I grew up in Michigan on the shores of Lake Huron so if I ever move it better be to another spot on the Great Lakes.

Home of the electric blues, on the shores of beautiful Lake Michigan: Chicago, IL.

I grew up in Michigan on the shores of Lake Huron so if I ever move it better be to another spot on the Great Lakes.

My father lives in Chicago. Saw a sweet store called "The Chicago Music Exchange." It was closed when we went by it but its where he got his Fender J bass.

As for me I live in a suburb just west of Cleveland. Its basically Cleveland only smaller. I like living near the rock hall but the winters kill me.

Born in Berkeley, CA, lived all over California and the US including Boston (30 yrs.), New York, Chicago, Dallas, Mississppi, and Pittsburgh, PA.

At 55, I've lived in Boston more years than anywhere, but still spend a lot of time on the Left Coast. Partial to the Bay Area, but Santa Cruz and San Diego are nice too. You can keep LA and Anaheim, I lived in Pasadena as a kid and it was OK then, but you couldn't pay me to live there now (and some have tried). You can keep the $400 Billion California debt as well.

The Philly 'burbs ain't bad, but if I could live anywhere in the world it would be around Burlington, Vermont.

Depends on which week it is - We have our primary homes in Arizona (East of Phoenix though so opposite part of the Valley of the Sun from Neo) a place in Chicago and now were having a retirement place built in the uplands of Maui outside of Paia which has the greatest weather on earth every day of the year.

My father lives in Chicago. Saw a sweet store called "The Chicago Music Exchange." It was closed when we went by it but its where he got his Fender J bass.

It is an amazing sight to see; just make sure you bring $$$$. Although I will say that some of their guitars are reasonable. I saw an SG Jr. with a single P90 for under a grand.

Michigan! Yes, it's true - we haven't all left yet!

~DB

That's my home state! Where you at? I grew up on the East side; about seventy miles North of Detroit. It was rural. My Alma Matter is Grand Valley State so I have also lived on the West side.

I was born and grew up in NYC (Queens to be exact). My family moved to New Jersey in the early '80s when the grass was green, jobs were plentiful and TAXES WERE LOW.

Two weeks ago I got an outstanding job offer in Houston, Texas.

So last Wednesday my 3 kids, my wife, DIL and 2 Grandsons help me pack a truck, put my jeep on a trailer, and sent me off with an order to Go Southwest old man..

Got to Houston Friday. Started new job today..

Bravo!!! [thumbup]

What kinda work are you doing?

I always hated Houston, but I could always find work there.

(Crane operator)

All the chemical plants and refineries along the ship channel were my home for nearly 15 years.

I'm sure you will find taxes cheaper, the food incredible, the humidity unbearable, and mosquitoes year-round.

No state income tax either. B)

My ex-wife is in Alvin.

If you run into her, back up and run into her again.

Archived