Gibson Brands Forums

List your favourite wah pedals

krock

Morley Mark Tremonti wah/boost. It's Q is in the sweet spot and I really dig the step on/off system.

The added clean boost is helpful, it's been a very reliable wah for the past couple of years.

I'm about to pull the trigger on the Morley George Lynch Dragon 2. It has the same step on/off system but has an added "Cocked wah" button with a Q you can set as well as the "Wow" mode which sounded pretty cool on the demos.

I tried out a cheap Vox Wah and it sounds like a Wah. don't use it much, but its there if I need it

Is that the re-issue of the first wah made. I think it was vox that created it anyway. Correct me if im wrong. I was looking into that and for the price it looks ok

Is that the re-issue of the first wah made. I think it was vox that created it anyway. Correct me if im wrong. I was looking into that and for the price it looks ok

I think its the 845. I got it for like 40 bucks at Guitar Center. It pretty much sits around my room except when I'm feeling super ADD and just mess around with it

I've had a standard dunlop CryBaby for the longest time. No setting to tweak, just does what it does best. Love the simplicity.

I made a rule when building my home board not to repeat any pedals unless I couldn't find something I really liked. Went an auditioned a bunch of wahs.

In the end the CryBaby won me over once again, but this time I went with a 535Q. The build in gain boost is sort of neat, but the tweakable volume and variable Q are fun to mess with, and the wah range selector has been a lot of fun for finding different feels for my songs to have.

- B

In the early 70's I was given a Thomas Organ Company Cry Baby. It took me a little work to get the potentiometer gear ratio dialed-in to the sweep I wanted, but once I did I've never needed another in almost 40 years.

Archived