Gibson Brands Forums

Got me a new Raw Power Studio Les Paul last night.

Searcy

DSCN0759.jpg

I picked up a new Les Paul Raw Power Studio last night. It's all maple and way snappy. The Satin Blue / Platinum was the only finish the offered this in that was any sort of burst. Very cool guitar!

Oh snap! ...err, cool guitar.

It's got a sharper attack than my 97 DC Studio but not as bright at my SG or Tele. It's got a chunky 50's neck profile Which gives it a lot different feel that the 97 or the SG. I might shoot a little video of it later and let y'all hear it. It was a great deal at $699 from Guitar Center.

DSCN0758.jpg

Thanks guys. They made it in a natural finish but I liked the Ace Frehley vib from this one.

I guess what I'm calling clean in the video is a bit gritty. The tones in this video are all coming from a Line6 Tone Port running Pod Farm. There's a little too much junk in that room right now to try to mic an amp.

Thanks guys. They made it in a natural finish but I liked the Ace Frehley vib from this one.

I guess what I'm calling clean in the video is a bit gritty. The tones in this video are all coming from a Line6 Tone Port running Pod Farm. There's a little too much junk in that room right now to try to mic an amp.

Damn...great guitar at a HELL of a price....very nice snag!

Archived