Gibson Brands Forums

So now we can't complain?

Andy R

Only kidding Duane.

Your guitar looks amazing.

And yes it doesn't have anything to do with this situation.

Do you want me to delete it?

No problem.

Wait... I went to delete it and noticed someone gave me a plus.

What ever. We're all a little sensitive today.

I just started my period today, so I'm staying out of it. I can get quite emotional this time of the month. [cursing]

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only kidding Duane.

Your guitar looks amazing.

And yes it doesn't have anything to do with this situation.

Do you want me to delete it?

No problem.

Wait... I went to delete it and noticed someone gave me a plus.

What ever. We're all a little sensitive today.

No biggie.... there are other guitar forums I can post my gear, and the info will be consumed for the right reasons.

[cool]

Andy, I'm not one to tell other people what to do, but I think it's time to put this one away.

Let it go. Move on. Everything, everything's gonna be alright.

( Not aimed at you cali)

Christ! I said I understood why they removed it I just didn't appreciate the Initial "No reason why" and Then the "here's why... now locked" so you can't say anything else about it. Then when I complained about that I get another lock and negative points" That's what I was aggravated about nothing more.... Duane explained and I was cool with that too.

Duane's post about his new guitar shouldn't have been drug into it. Duane shouldn't have gotten so defensive and taken his toys and gone home and I should have never made the initial post to begin with.... Its a Gibson site. I understand! I am not mad. I will continue to do what I do regardless if it will be posted here or not.

The End....

( Not aimed at you cali)

Duane's post about his new guitar shouldn't have been drug into it. Duane shouldn't have gotten so defensive and taken his toys and gone home

Not defensive at all.... If I was, I wouldn't have removed it and defended my thread [biggrin]

No issue with me taking my non-Gibson toys elsewhere.... One thing in being a Mod is certain individuals look for reasons to make you a point of their contention.

Not defensive at all.... If I was, I wouldn't have removed it and defended my thread [biggrin]

No issue with me taking my non-Gibson toys elsewhere.... One thing in being a Mod is certain individuals look for reasons to make you a point of their contention.

So it is known to all I have no issue at all with Duane, any of the other mods or Customer Service, Gibson or the Gibson forums. I really appreciate the pinned rebuild thread and think it is cool that they are letting that remain.

All is good from my standpoint. I have a bad cold, I feel like crap, so I am going to spend some of my time on Netflix now and take a nap. I hope to start feeling better soon so I can finish my rebuild...

Later Dudes!

Andy, at the end of the day this site is owned by Gibson, they can do whatever they want with it, included deleting posts the guys at legal think can be harmful to them in any way.

While I don't think a "building my les paul clone" is harmful to the company (let's face it, their guys could learn 1 or 2 things from you [biggrin] ) I see how the guys at legal would preffer not to have such a thread in here.

Anyway, as Californiaman said, there are other places you can post the whole process at [thumbup]

Seems people are far too sensitive on this forum...

Like were all going to go out and build 'fake' Gibsons using Andy's advice...

Even if we had the skills, tools, and time most of us wouldn't...

"You have the right to free speech, as long as you're not dumb enough to actually try it.." Know Your Rights - The Clash

"You have the right to free speech, as long as you're not dumb enough to actually try it.." Know Your Rights - The Clash

#-o

now, things have gotten even more interesting.

while i disagree with deleting the thread and the decision of the moderater(s), i also understand that it is not a perfect world and poeple are not perfect either. we do our best. i can not assume that my opinion of my views are correct, either. being wrong about something does not make someone a bad person.

this series of actions on the forum actually shed a light on what has been gibson's biggest problem as a company sinse the 60's: a disconnect between it's buyer base and the different departments of the company, as well as a disconnect within the company of it's different departmants. duane v is simply acting the best he can on the behalf of gibson, but who knows how much direction and help he gets from gibson.

i would think the most advantagous position for gibson would be to have as much info and fan base about it's guitars and history on it's own website.

gibson, as a company, has a tendency to know less about what customers like and want more so than other guitar makers. there are many details that get lost in history, and it is unrealistic to expect that these details would be remembered or kept track of as many would seem insignificant at the time. often times, it is the freaks and connisiors who dig this stuff up. gibson's policy has always been to try and hide these things rather than embrace them, and the poeple who show interest in them. the end result seems to be that gibson often knows less about thier own instruments than anyone.

when it comes to building an archtop solid body guitar, there is nothing propriatory about it, while gibson made the first archtop guitar, and the first archtop solid body, these techniques have been used before and mastered by others sinse the beginning. there is nothing about the construction techniques to be able to build a les paul that gibson only knows or could hope to keep a secret. and if there is any details that make a vintage les paul different or better, and poeple care about these, poeple are going to find out and embrace them. either gibson will tell others how gibsons are to be made, or others will tell gibson how they are to be made.

this to me seems to be another costomer relations blunder and missed oppertunity by gibson as a whole. the costomers and the conisours are speaking, and gibson's own website is taking a position of silencing rather than embracing.

and when you consider the particular man here (andy) it might be wise to consider where the customer base is and how it comes about, and who can be an asset and what thier qualifications are.

you're REALLY missing the boat here, gibson!

duane v is simply acting the best he can on the behalf of gibson, but who knows how much direction and help he gets from gibson.

Actually the CS Admins usually keep me up to speed. And I don't need to know or partake in every decision.

I think we should try to keep in mind that Gibson Customer Service is dealing with its customers in regards to purchases and servicing. Don't really know how Andy's situation concerning a deleted thread ties into Gibson missing the boat in the over-all scheme of things, but certainly I'm sure Gibson CS weighed it out as best they could.

IMO no harm no foul on Andy's or Gibsons part

That really isn't the point. It's not a free speech issue. Patents, copyrights and trademarks are only as good as the holders willingness to defend them. It's hard for Gibson to claim they value their intellectual property if they host tutorials on how to make your own copy on their own web site.

That really isn't the point. It's not a free speech issue. Patents, copyrights and trademarks are only as good as the holders willingness to defend them. It's hard for Gibson to claim they value their intellectual property if they host tutorials on how to make your own copy on their own web site.

Excellent point!!!

For what it's worth, I think any subject, that's questionable enough, to be "locked,"

should be removed, afterwards, too! Why take up space on the board, and web-site storage

space, as well, on something that's deemed, inappropriate, by the forum monitors/sponsors?

Just my 2-cent's...

CB

Actually the CS Admins usually keep me up to speed. And I don't need to know or partake in every decision.

I think we should try to keep in mind that Gibson Customer Service is dealing with its customers in regards to purchases and servicing. Don't really know how Andy's situation concerning a deleted thread ties into Gibson missing the boat in the over-all scheme of things, but certainly I'm sure Gibson CS weighed it out as best they could.

IMO no harm no foul on Andy's or Gibsons part

yes, i see gibson's efforts ar customer service and i appreciate them. gibson has come a long way. i also see the efforts of individuals within gibson making efforts, and i think it only fair to point that out.

and i hope it is clear that i am not calling you out or harrasing you on the decision, or those that made this decision. there are no enemies here. i think this is about being friends more than is being given credit for. my hope, personally, is that any disagreement not be taken as a confrontation or a put down, but rather as a costomer reaching out. i'm not actually asking for help, but when i say gison is missing the baot, i'm trying to help by pointing out my observations because i like you guys. and i like gibsons.

and the whole point i am trying to make is that gibson often alienates its customers and admirers by discouraging poeples efforts to know and share how they are built, and how they were built. the fact that this knowledge is not known and can cause harm to gibson is perhaps part of the disconnect i speak of when i say gibson is out of touch in this area.

Um... isn't that signatory, fiddle bass a Hofner? i.e. a non-Gibson toy? [tongue]

Archived