Gibson Brands Forums

Will someone in the deep south please adopt me?

Gilliangirl

I'm an easy keeper, friendly, good cook, clean up after myself, and own some nice guitars, and I promise to keep my lipstick collection down to a bare minimum. I have 3 cats and a horse and they have to come with me. I know that's probably a deal breaker tho'....

AHHHHHHH! [cursing][cursing]

Come on down to TN GG.

Home of the maker of nice guitars. We love cats and got an acre for your horse.

Of course... we DO have tornados periodically...

tenn_tornado.jpg

And the occasional flood

100503_nashville_flood.jpg

Which could be a dealbreaker, I don't know.... :unsure:

Guest FarnsBarns

Would the deep south of the UK do you? Surrey is very pleasant and it doesn't really rain all the time? You'd have to live in the garage, so would your horse actually.

Thank you everyone for adopting me! I am packing right now. I'm just looking for my flip-flops and my Jimmy Buffet T-shirt, then I'm leavin'! I can play Margaritaville on the guitar (badly) too [biggrin]

Andre, I can't believe you actually LIVE in the Caribbean? How lucky is that! [thumbup]

Chanman, re the flooding.... I still have my junior lifeguard certificate! Not sure about that tornado thing tho' :unsure:

Andre, I can't believe you actually LIVE in the Caribbean? How lucky is that! [thumbup]

Yea...I suppose...unless you're a guitar player...the lack of Gibsons and high prices for crappy gear and shipping to bring the good stuff in from the US really gets to you...

[thumbup]

I would adopt you but Mrs. Jaxson would not be a happy camper +:-@

And when momma ain't happy, well you know the drill...I have a single nephew in So. Calif. with a huge house he visit's once a week.... plenty of room for horses!!

Karen...

I'll adopt you. But... you should know that Calgary weather is headed this way. But then, that's why we tend to call it an Alberta clipper.

http://www.rapidcityjournal.com/news/article_e47798a8-6638-11e0-af2d-001cc4c03286.html

That's a bit south of where I am, but... whatever.

Alas, I think you'll not easily escape. Nor will I in the morning, I think.

EDIT: Btw, your note about being a good cook reminded me of a line in the old John Wayne movie Hondo: "You're a good cook, Mrs. Lowe. A woman should be a good cook. I'm a good cook too."

In full disclosure, I'm not bad at all at a stove or campfire, but when my lady of some 36 years has some of her health about her, she's exceptional at both, too, although forget the campfire nowadays - even without the snow. <grin>

She'd not be concerned about the cats (she has 2) nor the horse. Nor the adoptee, I think, assuming she brought her own guitar. <chortle>

m

Sunny Alabama !! great weather, no floods, occasional tornados but not close, surrounded by mountains for riding, ex-wife has a stable and would board your horse for feed, current wife that's a stranger to jealousy, and even a best friend that says "BRING THE KITTIES"........

GarysCam169.jpg

oh well........close, but no cigar

I live in rural Georgia.....near Macon. If you want the "Deep South"....its deep here. I'm right in the middle of amazing blues joints, juke joints, black churches that bring the house down every sunday, and of course Allman Bros country. I lived in Athens before I moved to "the country".....there was plenty of music to be played there as well. If you don't mind living in my music room/recording studio, you're welcome to head down south. You can grab the couch and cuddle with my pedal steel, mandos, banjos, basses, lap steels, keys, and of course my Les Pauls, Telecasters, Firebird, and my wall 'o amps (AC30, AC15, SuperBeetle, Bassman, Deluxe Reverb, and many more)...there'd be room..somewhere....with all that gear and the recording equipment, there's really no need to sleep :)

I don't know about Karen's weather update for the day, but Yup, it snowed overnight and it's still snowing. Farther east they could get up to 10 inches.

<grin>

Karen - an old friend of mine used to say that this kinda weather helps keep the riffraff and pesky insects down.

m

Yupper about Karen.

Even via the Internet, there are some folks you just know would be nice to have as a friend next door. A friend who drives 30 miles outside Calgary in winter to feed horses is a friend indeed. Karen's neighbors and coworkers, I'm convinced, have a gem at their side.

And her guitars ain't bad at all, either. <grin>

m

Yupper about Karen.

Even via the Internet, there are some folks you just know would be nice to have as a friend next door. A friend who drives 30 miles outside Calgary in winter to feed horses is a friend indeed. Karen's neighbors and coworkers, I'm convinced, have a gem at their side.

And her guitars ain't bad at all, either. <grin>

m

Gotta agree.... eye candy all around!

Archived