Gibson Brands Forums

children of bodem V metallica

S t e v e

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the Metallica video you showed wasnt that great cause its their newer stuff. Its their 80s-90s albums that still holds them as the kings of metal. No new band can easily take over like that. If it wasnt for Metallica and Black Sabbath, these new metal bands wouldnt be here today cause none of these new guys have the brains to create a new music genre of its own [thumbup] POW!

COB suck...Metallica rules...James can show COB a thing or two about class...just sayin lol

Absolutely...Metallica spits all over COB...and in twenty years, guess who the people will be listening to still? COB will be a distant memory.

Alexi's a good guitarist, but him as a vocalist and COB as a whole, just plain suck....

Children of Bodom may have stolen the crown from "Candle Box", the last "metal" band that attained a mediocre level of success writing songs that all sounded the same.

Seriously, when I saw COB open for Megadeth on th 2008 Gigantour they sounded just exactly like "Job for a Cowboy", "High On Fire", and all the rest of those very forgettable Thrash Posers.

Arch Angel and Opeth, on the other hand, really stood out and brought their A-Game for the 2006 Gigantour line up.

I vote Bolt Thrower:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm4ojHKiMks

Or maybe Asphyx. Death-doom is cool:

I don't think COB vs. Metallica is really a fair comparison. COB is pop-death and Metallica is pop-thrash. [lol][mellow] Oh wait, nevermind. Perfect comparison.

Anyway, I think if you're gonna listen to death metal (like COB,) you may as well listen to some good, genuine death metal. But these are just my opinions. COB isn't objectively bad...I just would rather listen to Bolt Thrower or Asphyx or Morbid Angel or Atheist or Death or Necrophagist or Arch Enemy or Brutal Truth or Gojira or Arsis or Entombed or...

Metallica = Thrash

Children of Bodom = Melodic Death Metal

Trying to compare the two is like comparing apples and oranges. Zero Order Phase by Jeff Loomis easily beats these two guys in my opinion, but everyone will have there own opinion.

Archived