Gibson Brands Forums

Would you have guessed that my wife is away?

SG Jones

Beautiful pic and Gibbys....Love that Goldtop w Bigsby.......

Thanks man. It is a '52 or '53 that I picked up at the local SPCG(Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Guitars). See the before and after pics. I had a local luthier/guitar builder restore it for me. The Bigsby is mounted on a Vibramate. Google it if you are not familiar with them. It mounts on the inserts for the tailpiece studs. I can have a Bigsby on a different Les Paul every day!

LP-02.jpg

AP1100849a.jpg

ooooh pretty!!

I assume you're not planning on cooking anything but solos in there while she's away - LOL --

as I'd be terrified of dripping hot fudge or something on one of those babies :rolleyes: if it was me :)

Does it have good natural reverb in there?

ooooh pretty!!

I assume you're not planning on cooking anything but solos in there while she's away - LOL --

as I'd be terrified of dripping hot fudge or something on one of those babies :rolleyes: if it was me :)

Does it have good natural reverb in there?

Sounds killer. I hate to move it.

How could you even contemplate leaving that stuff there for when she comes home?

Would you like it if she left her toys scattered all over your workspace?????

You're right. Maybe she would go for this.

P5085620.jpg

Sounds killer. I hate to move it.

Mmmmmm.... I feel ya

But with any Real Food going on in there -- or if you had MY kids making their own quesadillas -- you'd be picking grated cheese outta your strings in no time... sad!!

Will they fit in a tiled bathroom??? LOL

and PS to the tiny Gibby ....... cuuuuuuuute, does it play?!

(LOL looks like PhotoShop to me)

Mmmmmm.... I feel ya

But with any Real Food going on in there -- or if you had MY kids making their own quesadillas -- you'd be picking grated cheese outta your strings in no time... sad!!

Will they fit in a tiled bathroom??? LOL

and PS to the tiny Gibby ....... cuuuuuuuute, does it play?!

(LOL looks like PhotoShop to me)

Believe it or not the tiny Custom is actually a telephone receiver. It does have strings, but only my cat plays it. Unfortunately, cats are nocturnal. Ping, ping, ping...

SG Jones, I had a cat who played my guitars as they sat on stands; he'd sit there and pluck the strings......And I had a Maine Coon cat, who, as a kitten used to perch

on my headstocks as I played and reach over and join me as I did my thing......He, um, grew up to be a shredder...............

Archived