Gibson Brands Forums

have any regrets about selling your les paul?

S t e v e

I may sell my first LP soon, a Vintage Mahogany.

I think a lot of the so called regret of selling a guitar is simply nostalgia, there is a reason you sold that guitar in the first place, maybe if you had it back and played it for a while you would sell it all over again.

I may sell my first LP soon, a Vintage Mahogany.

I think a lot of the so called regret of selling a guitar is simply nostalgia, there is a reason you sold that guitar in the first place, maybe if you had it back and played it for a while you would sell it all over again.

i sold it because i had money problems and realy needed the cash, i'm not ashamed to admit that i shed a tear when DHL collected it from me for delivery to the new owner...needs must and i was backed into a corner, i'm/we are back on financial track now.

i don't think it's nostalgia...i bonded with it [mellow]

Don't worry Steve, sometimes they come back.

My LP standard faded w/ Peter Green mod came back to me for a little less than what I took for her. She felt just like before once I changed to new strings and set her up to my liking. [thumbup]

Don't worry Steve, sometimes they come back.

My LP standard faded w/ Peter Green mod came back to me for a little less than what I took for her. She felt just like before once I changed to new strings and set her up to my liking. [thumbup]

TG, maybe it's like when you lose a woman that you love? someone else comes along and you love her just as much if not more?...i know we ain't talking about a human just an object but still :-k[mellow]

I DO (really) regret selling my first LP (Custom), back in 1970. (It was a '68, that I bought new!) [crying]

Polaroid Photo taken, Summer 1969 (age 19). "Bedroom Amp," is Marshall Major (200 watt). Miss that, and my first Ric 12-string, as well!! [crying]

CharlieBrown19Summer1969withMarshal.jpg

But, I've kept all my later ones! [biggrin]

CB

I DO (really) regret selling my first LP (Custom), back in 1970. (It was a '68, that I bought new!) [crying]

Polaroid Photo taken, Summer 1969 (age 19). "Bedroom Amp," is Marshall Major (200 watt). Miss that, and my first Ric 12-string, as well!! [crying]

CharlieBrown19Summer1969withMarshal.jpg

But, I've kept all my later ones! [biggrin]

CB

i'd love a lp custom black [drool]

I sold a great JSM-100 that I really miss. And, I doubt I could replace it. I didn't sell it because it was my least favorite, it was the one I could get the most and fastest cash for.

I tend to think about what I would have lost had I NOT gave it up.

I also tend to think about how spoiled I have been and how I still am when it comes to what I have, in the guitars I still have.

I also tend to think about how I was lucky to have had it in the sense that I was able to turn it into cash, and I needed the cash.

Think about all the other musicians that have lost everything, had axes stolen, or had to start all over. Stand up, suck it in, and carry on with the rest of us.

I have never sold a Les Paul..........I have never sold a Gibson...........In my younger rock and roll days, I smashed a number of guitars onstage,

including Gibsons....I've had many guitars stolen, including Gibsons, but, no, I have never sold a Gibson Les Paul; If I HAD ever sold a Gibson

Les Paul, I would probably have regrets and a drinking problem.......[flapper][crying] :unsure: [scared][sneaky][lol] ..........

I have never sold a Les Paul..........I have never sold a Gibson...........In my younger rock and roll days, I smashed a number of guitars onstage,

including Gibsons....I've had many guitars stolen, including Gibsons, but, no, I have never sold a Gibson Les Paul; If I HAD ever sold a Gibson

Les Paul, I would probably have regrets and a drinking problem.......[flapper][crying] :unsure: [scared][sneaky][lol] ..........

THIS is what you call a man with character, integrity, and proper drinking perspective.

I regret trading in my vintage brown studio for my traditional. I've never really bonded with the trad. Don't get me wrong, it's a great guitar and sounds amazing but the VB was more me

Hmmm.....I own both a V.B. LP Studio, and a Traditional, among other LPs....My Trad is a bit of a bugger to keep in tune and intonated, but it is my main

recording LP....My LP Standard (which stays in tune) is used for certain overdubs and special effect geetar stuff.....I don't currently use my V.B. Studio, but, at some point,

I will, and I'm glad to know that it's there for when I finally say, " Hmm, let's plug in the 'ol Studio."

I sold my favourite LP Custom to buy a van, That was 22 years ago. The van was for me to set up to be self employed.

I'm still self employed all these years later. I wouldn't have earned the money I have if I hadn't sold that LP.

But I do miss it. It was a Wine red LP custom 3pup. Nice one.

About 25 years ago I bought a Beautiful SG ( late 60's early 70's ) from a music store that was going out of business... I got it for a couple hundred bucks. I didn't even play guitar. I just loved it and thought it was a good deal. I don't remember if I sold it or traded it. Yeah I wish I still had it...

The guitars I have now I've collected since I started playing in 2007. I have never sold one but I'd like to sell a couple of them now to justify buying an ES 175... [thumbup] I'll let you know if I have any regrets in a few years....

in 10/83 I was given the choice of paying my 1st wifes divorce lawyer or doing a year and a day in jail.....

at that time I owned, a '62 International Pickup, a '73 Sportster, and a '75 Les Paul Custom Natural 3-pc. Top and Peavey Nashville 400 amp.

The LP and amp paid her lawyer with a little change left over, but considering what a piece of JUNK the Sporty turned out to be, I wish i'd sold it instead.

Archived