Gibson Brands Forums

What do you plan for your week-end

awel

So, what do you plan to do this week-end, rehearsal? jam sessions? some concerts?

Regarding me, I have 2 rehearsals planned, we have important show the 4th of June, and we didn't play together for a long time (someone was always missing :) )

I will try to make a short video and post it here.

It is Memorial Day weekend in the States and I'll have family in town. No band rehearsal this Saturday since my partner in crime will be in Michigan visiting his in-laws. We will be jamming out tomorrow night so I ain't too worried.

Rehearsal tonight (Wednesday) for an out-of-town outdoor festival engagement on Saturday. Friday evening is BBQ with friends, Sunday, weather permitting, is lawn mowing, and Monday we must finish cleaning out my wife's late brothers house.

Looks like about half fun and half work for me. That's an acceptable ratio.

I practice daily, so, thats in.....Writing some legal papers.....I'm allowed two beers on Friday.....I'll finish writing the music for lyrics by an Irish lyricist....I'm editing a book

on recording, I'll spend 5 hours on that.....I'll record two more demo songs....Gotta do some research on Stairway To Heaven; I have a commision to record the song

as a backing track for a Cali singer/songwriter.....I'll be critiquing some demos for others on a recording site, changing strings on a Tele and Strat (for recording),

I'll be hooking up some new recording gear, I'm going to attempt installing "Superior Drums 2.0" software, and I'll stop as soon as it messes up, I'll be setting up

a security camera to catch an ongoing situation that's not cool, gotta do more legal paperwork, set up Skype to collab music live (finally), write a new song,

post some lyrics on a songwriter's forum, drink my two allowed beers on Sunday, make sure my gal remains happy (no need to explain that), pet the cats,

and did I mention play some geeetar ??? Wine, Women, Song...and Law....Thats my life.....oh, I might post a little bit here, 'cause yer all my family.......

I may take in Rib america in Downtown St. Louis. Lots of good bands all three days. Cutting grass and maybe swimming in my just opened pool (weather permiting). And of course some classic jamming with my Les Paul and sons.

I'm having about ten guitar geeks over from all over the country, some from a far away is Liverpool England. I'm going to do a demo on how pickups are made. Rockabilly super star Skinny Jim is going to be these leading a fewjams and Pipes, PTAnd Pappy are going to be doing a live SixStringBliss show from my front porch.

Good times baby!

I'm having about ten guitar geeks over from all over the country, some from a far away is Liverpool England. I'm going to do a demo on how pickups are made. Rockabilly super star Skinny Jim is going to be these leading a fewjams and Pipes, PTAnd Pappy are going to be doing a live SixStringBliss show from my front porch.

Good times baby!

Throw in some guzzling and that will be a party! Sounds like fun! [thumbup]

Archived