Gibson Brands Forums

Post your Old Band picture or your Old Self picture .

DonCarlos

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am enjoying this........great photos.....great guitars........more. LOL

Okay the only thing I could dig out with an instrument was this one 40 pounds and 40 years ago, from 1971. Not sure what the acoustic was, but it was some off brand thing I picked up in Toronto during a summer of traveling the country (as many many did back in the old days). Holes in jeans, guitar n hand and hair pick nearby. Right Brother Right On !!!!!

1971.jpg

I dig the 'Fro!!! [thumbup]

Shame about the binding rot but still beautiful. I'd love an early 60s "screw down" mute CG one day...

Yeah, the rest of my "Gent" is in exceptional shape. Even the Gold hardware, is "like new!"

Just that blasted binding rot!

Hope you get your "Gent," someday! Those (screw down mute versions) are pretty rare...in ANY condition.

CB

So I am asking members to contribute to this thread with a photo of their Old Band or Old self.

+1

Fantastic thread DonCarlos, very interesting indeed, I only started playing just under 3 years ago so I don't have anything to contribute, but what a great read. <double thumbs-up>

Cool thread!

I'm Lovin' the Tank tops, ridiculous glasses, goofy hairdo's, and awesome guitar

Yeah me too !!!!! More !

Hey wait a minute, you weren't including my 'Fro when you wrote "goofy", were you"? It was "Righteous Dude", It was "Right On".

1971.jpg

Forty Years and Forty pounds later.... the 'Fro is still there and thinning and under wraps in this photo.

DonGibsonJ45-2-1.jpg

Let's see ...

I figure this to be late 1970/early 1971 as I am still playing my Kimberly (Kawai) four-pickup solidbody:

scan0003.jpg

I've posted this one before ... with my very first Epiphone!

scan0001.jpg

This one would be around '76/'77 ... getting ready to go on tour:

scan0002.jpg

Jim

Nice Photos Duane...and Absolutely top notch cover of Dear Prudence.

Wow ..all the photos and stories just keep getting better and better.

Regardless of the era, each of us see maybe a friend, a bandmate, an aquaintance, and that sense of familiarity to that particular time returns.

Keep it going as long as you feel up to it, because I guarantee there are many of us enjoying this.

Nerds? Nope. Young,? Yup. I see faces of people that were feeling and looking pretty confident and cool and happy about their music. [thumbup] Nothing wrong with that. Forget the laughter of your kids and spouses and girlfriends when these pictures fall out of a desk drawer or shoebox. Here, you are recognized again for swinging an axe when others simply bought the record.

Nerds? Nope. Young,? Yup. I see faces of people that were feeling and looking pretty confident and cool and happy about their music. [thumbup] Nothing wrong with that. Forget the laughter of your kids and spouses and girlfriends when these pictures fall out of a desk drawer or shoebox. Here, you are recognized again for swinging an axe when others simply bought the record.

+1 DC!!!

& I am still searching for my one & only remaining band photo to post here [thumbup]

Band8001.jpg

Hey RUSHian you were looking like Tom Cruise in the 80's in that pic. Great shot.

BYT, Based on the positive response here, I started this thread over at the acoustic forum. They seem to be getting a big kick out of it as well. One of the best so far was Gibsonian, who is in his 80's posted a pic from back in 1953.

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/69376-post-your-old-band-picture-or-your-old-self-picture/page__st__20

Archived