Gibson Brands Forums

how do i become a moderator?

S t e v e

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Giving the impression you're willing to behave like a grown-up while on-line most of the time.

(Steve I'm sorry to state you fall a bit short in that category)

2. A history of maintaining a good working relationship with the current Moderating team.

(Again Steve, speaking for me only, we don't have a very solid on-line foundation)

3. Putting Gibson's interest first.

(And again Steve, lately you seem to only worry about your own perception in regards to the Gibby forums).

Certainly there are probably more criterias, but the final decision comes from the Gibson CS Admin..... Good-Luck with your request

HAHAHAHAHAHA [lol]

It's A Long Way To A Mod, If You Used To Be A Troll

(sung to the tune of It's A Long Way To The Top, If You Want To Rock And Roll)

[laugh] .......[lol] [lol] [lol] [lol] [lol] [lol] ..........

You wouldn't want the job. I'm also a mod on the Seagull guitar site and in the year I've been doing it I've deleted 1,854 spam posts. Never any strife, just spam. Seagull players spend more time playing than arguing I guess.

Hmmmm.......I commend Duane, and KS Daddy for being Mods.....and IMHO, good Mods.....

Neither are Mods for any " authority " or " Power " reasons......

I'm a Mod on a forum......I enjoy it........

When one wants to be a Mod as a power play, that's a red flag......IE;

A member who's been rightfully BANNED from here started his own forum......All he does on his forum is kick people out,

and members he doesn't kick out, he harrasses, so, most members leave his little POINTLESS Kingdom............

I don't think Steve is actually SERIOUS about WANTING to be a Mod......IF he is, well, maybe I need to start drinking again........

I've stated this before, but it's really not at all that bad being a moderator here [thumbup] ... Great members with tons of knowledge that are willing to share.... And also a Gibson CS Team that is very active, and willing to mix it up with their members [thumbup]

You want a challenge..... Try coaching a 13-15 year old girls All Star Team [scared] ...... Sometimes they behave so strangely, you cant even get mad at em :lol: ...LOL...

This link is interesting.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Work-at-Home-Forum-Moderator-Job&id=2164308

Here are three qualities of how a forum moderator may be chosen:

1. Involvement in the community - Are you active in the forums? Do you visit daily or almost daily? Do you welcome new members? Do you answer forum questions? Are you helpful to others or respond with helpful information?

2. Personality - Do you get a long with a diverse group of people? Too strong of a personality may be a turn off. You don't want to be a know-it-all and at the same time, you don't want to be a push-over either.

3. Work Habits - Do you lead by example? Are you diplomatic? Are you observant? Do you work well with others? Do you have a professional attitude and demeanor?

There will also be specific duties expected from a forum moderator and some of these include:

- Welcoming new members

- Remove spam posts, editing and moving posts to the correct forums

- Keeping the forum active by engaging in various discussions

- Assisting the forum Administrator with other clerical duties

- Overseeing the forum when the Administrator is not available or on vacation

- Confidentiality

- And other forum moderating duties assigned by the forum Administrator

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/2164308

I've stated this before, but it's really not at all that bad being a moderator here [thumbup] ... Great members with tons of knowledge that are willing to share.... And also a Gibson CS Team that is very active, and willing to mix it up with their members [thumbup]

You want a challenge..... Try coaching a 13-15 year old girls All Star Team [scared] ...... Sometimes they behave so strangely, you cant even get mad at em :lol: ...LOL...

A few years ago, I would have loved to do that... but now, no way in hell. Couldn't pay me enough

So what would I do if I were interested in being a moderator? Just asking another mod, or is there a form of some sort?

I not sure really [confused] .... I was asked, and I said sure why not....

At the time I was asked to moderate the Epi forums, because there were no moderators and it was just a total mad house. So basically we cleaned house, and now it's a very productive forum where everyone chips in [thumbup]

I was then asked to help with the Gibby Forums [scared] .... I was a little apprehensive at first, because there was just all sorts of weird things going on in the Gibby Lounge at that time. It was a little tough at first, because I was basically the new d00d on the block, and there was some resistance. But I just decided to throw on the bullet proof vest and dive right in [biggrin]

You just need to have thick skin, and deal with the name calling, because it goes beyond this forum. But you'll find it's usually the same 5-8 forumites, and you just laugh it off after awhile [biggrin]

It's been said many times in many ways by many people but it bears repetition;

The desire in an individual to have power over others should ensure that this is the last person on whom power is bestowed.

P.

We have a great little forum here now to exchange info and have a laugh and the occasional GAS attack. In the past it was at times entertaining but also was becoming more and more frustrating as some attention starved individuals constantly tried to create havoc with any discussion. I can't tell you how many I got pulled into early on before I decided to avoid certain members post altogether.

True there's much less drama than before but still a great place to seek answers and show off guitars.

Just check out some other music related forums and see how long it takes to get an answer to a relatively simple question.

I asked a question over on the VOX forum and it's still sitting unanswered at the top of the page after 2 weeks.

We have a great little forum here now to exchange info and have a laugh and the occasional GAS attack.

Very true, it is a great forum if you asked me (yes we have our goofs, but I appreciate the humor :D) I wouldn't be coming back if I didn't like you guys and value you're input!

[thumbup]

Archived