Gibson Brands Forums

Carrots

Flight959

Yes that's right Carrots. =D>

Were not talking world politics here, just carrots... After all this is the lounge...

Right.. Mrs Flight959 reckons (and I must agree) That carrots cut and cooked in baton shapes taste better that Carrots cut in circles... =D>

Believe it or not in the Flight959 household this became a big discussion over dinner. Boring I know....

What do you people think....... (About the Carrot thing) NOT my state of mind...

I really must stop coming here after the pub... =D>

Flight959

When they're cut in little circles, it always gives them opportunity to become much more tender (or "soggy") than traditional baby carrot shapes. When combined with the right amount of butteriness, I find them to be quite tasty, especially while playing my Les Paul.

When they're cut in little circles' date=' it always gives them opportunity to become much more tender (or "soggy") than traditional baby carrot shapes. When combined with the right amount of butteriness, I find them to be quite tasty, especially while playing my Les Paul.

[/quote']

Eh dont bring baby carrots into this..... There always more tender..... Regardless of what your doing whilst eating them.....

Flight959

Try this.....

cut them in the baton shapes, cook 'em up til they're just tender, add a bit of butter and a bit of demerara* brown sugar. That is the best!!!! Trust me on this one.

* demerara is the best (the dark stuff) but regular brown sugar will work, just not as tasty.

Try this.....

cut them in the baton shapes' date=' add a bit of butter and a bit of demerara* brown sugar. That is the best!!!! Trust me on this one.

* demerara is the best (the dark stuff) but regular brown sugar will work, just not as tasty.[/quote']

Damn. Best thing that ever happened to this forum was the collision of the acoustic and electric forum members here in the Lounge. We never would have gotten tips like this from, say, Tim for instance.

Tim has that same recipe... he just adds a little R9....

/chuckle Thin strips' date=' stir fried with a dash of teryaki, on top of some beef strips.

Yum.[/quote']

Sliced down the middle long ways and then again and then cut into thirds... Sautéed in a pan with olive oil and tons of Lawery's Garlic salt...

I likes them cooked soft' date=' with too much butter, salt and pepper, mixed with some tiny green peas. Mmmm, mmmmm. Ain't quite as good as home grown tomatoes, but they's high on my list when I hit the Meat'n Threes here in Nashville.[/quote']

Man, you are killing me. I can taste Rotiers and the Loveless fried chicken now! I feel a road trip comin' on!

Yeah' date=' he adds a little [i']too[/i] much R9 if you ask me. It's the only thing you can taste!

;-)

Actually, I'm more reissue this, reissue that...not specifically R9 this, R9 that.

Get your facts right!

eusa_angel.gif

What do you people think....... (About the Carrot thing) NOT my state of mind...

...and thank God we're not talking about your state of mind, we'd be here all day! O:)

• 2 years later...

Archived