Gibson Brands Forums

NGD and it's a Gibson lol

swleary

Went back on Thursday after trying a few more guitars out. Nothing compared to this SG I fell in love with. She's a keeper :)Would've posted earlier but I was busy playing lol....I had to buy another Gibson because I already bought a Gibson shirt and don't want to look stupid playing a different brand lmao

008.jpg

007.jpg

006-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

004-3.jpg

003-5.jpg

002-3.jpg

001-6.jpg

Oh it is pretty red but has lots of grain. Don't think the pictures do it justice. I love my Keeley fuzz head, compliments my Marshall really well :)

Its got a 50's neck on it Steve however it doesn't feel like my old traditionals 50's neck.It's a tad smaller.

The 498 and 490 pickups rock ***, actually think I like them a bit more than the 57's. Probably just because their in a different guitar hehe...

Oh it is pretty red but has lots of grain. Don't think the pictures do it justice. I love my Keeley fuzz head, compliments my Marshall really well :)

Its got a 50's neck on it Steve however it doesn't feel like my old traditionals 50's neck.It's a tad smaller.

The 498 and 490 pickups rock ***, actually think I like them a bit more than the 57's. Probably just because their in a different guitar hehe...

I know exactly what you're talkin about man. That finish is really hard to photograph IMO. At least with my POS camera it is.

I'm just givin you a hard time dude. Maybe I can make you a gnarly fuzz some time and show you the light though haha

I think people give the stock pickups way too much crap to be honest. I think the 490r is great and the 498t isn't bad at all but also not great IMO. I mean I'm not really an expert on pickups.. but I find it pretty easy to make those pickups sound good.

I don't get it. Why didn't you buy that one?

This is the SG I fell in love woth on Wednesday. I didn't want to take the chance of somebody else getting it lol

Oh sure John please come on over and then we can go for a cold beverage. I'm game lol

...I had to buy another Gibson because I already bought a Gibson shirt and don't want to look stupid playing a different brand lmao

See, maybe if Gibson made their apparel less expensive, they would sell more shirts and end up selling more guitars as a result :-k

Great guitar. Congratz [thumbup]

Archived