Gibson Brands Forums

Was at local music store

bluzhammer

Not a fan of PRS guitars so I say get the Les Paul and swap the pickups for a different sound; like a set of P-94s.

This, or get a P90 equipped gibby, or a fender jazzmaster, or tele... dang it now I'm thinking about shopping for a new guitar.

Leaving out here in about 10 minutes, its a good 45 minute drive and I still am undecided. What keeps me on the fence about the Tremonti , is the fact that I can't actually lay hands on one. All I can really go by is Youtube videos or just go by the fact that Mark Tremonti has a kickin modern tone. If I go with the Traditional, I can always put a set of Bareknuckle Black Dogs in it, but that's another $300.00 and that brings it back to the Tremonti price point. msp_crying.gif

Leaving out here in about 10 minutes, its a good 45 minute drive and I still am undecided. What keeps me on the fence about the Tremonti , is the fact that I can't actually lay hands on one. All I can really go by is Youtube videos or just go by the fact that Mark Tremonti has a kickin modern tone. If I go with the Traditional, I can always put a set of Bareknuckle Black Dogs in it, but that's another $300.00 and that brings it back to the Tremonti price point. msp_crying.gif

dont forget he has mesa triple rectifier mesa cabs bogner uberschall and diezel amps he has a very sweet rig....buts its up to you what ever you feel good about.. if i got a trad i would put jb pup in the bridge coz i like adam jones tone ..i guess its personal choice ..good luck with it hope it works out..

Gotta look out for Artist Models, they might have a weird quirk that doesn't work for you at all. Like the SRV Strat and it's Baseball Bat neck, or some electronics tweak like a Kill Switch instead of a Tone Knob. Or it just might be perfect, if you get the PRS without trying it make sure they have a good return policy!

I vote for the PRS. I kinda like the narrowfield series. Have you looked at the swamp ash model? Very cool looking axe.

A member here purchased one of those Swamp PRS with the Narrowfields...He loves it, and it's beautiful....

Update, after much angst as to what direction to head in guitar quest, I had a change of course. I sold my Iced Tea Traditional to a friend of a friend. So , I still have my Chicago Blue Traditional, and I balked at the Tremonti due to fact I couldn't lay hands on one to play it, and it would have to be factory ordered, hence a long torturous wait. So once at the music store, I started playing the Cherry Sunburst Traditional and was on the edge of buying it, when a Honeyburst Standard caught my eye. I played it awhile and determined that it was the one. I will be posting a few pictures in the next day or so.

Archived