Gibson Brands Forums

Metallica's new album

lagerfanny

The Velvet Underground is one of my all time favorite bands, but Lou's solo stuff makes me cringe. This Metallica album makes me cringe even harder. But who knows? Maybe it will grow on me and six months from now it will be in heavy rotation on my stereo.

I have bought it this morning and what the f...!!! Never heard something so bad [thumbdn][thumbdn][thumbdn]

Lucky me the Megadeth went out the same day so at least I have something good to hear! [thumbup] Some will say that it is always the same with Megadeth, no surprise, but if surprise means the new Metallica, hum, I prefer no surprise!

It's really too bad they developed such a love hate relationship with their fans. The thing is though, someone approached them to do an album with Lou Reed.

I don't want to sound flippant about it, but don't ya' get it? They're Reed's backing band. That's all. It's not about them. It's about Lou Reed. [crying]

It's really too bad they developed such a love hate relationship with their fans. The thing is though, someone approached them to do an album with Lou Reed.

I don't want to sound flippant about it, but don't ya' get it? They're Reed's backing band. That's all. It's not about them. It's about Lou Reed. [crying]

THIS..........

Now that's funny......

Yeah, but what's really funny was back in the glory days of Harmony Central when I would put that quote up in any/all Metallica threads how insanely outraged the fanboyees would get. I didn't tell Lars to say that, I just report the news.

Lars is a jar full of quotes that should enrage any fan.

"I'm worth 50 million. I care what a 50 grand a year critic says?"

That guy crax me up.

rct

In theory I agree with you but if you add the Metallica name/brand in the mix it will be very hard to separate it from Lou especially nowadays when we as Metallica fans have to wait 5 or 6 years for a record.

True, this is not a Metallica record strictly speaking but why in the hell do they do a project like this? Lou had his time but to say that he is past his prime is an understatement.

As a Metallica fan I would like this project to work out but for me it does not.

I have bought it this morning and what the f...!!! Never heard something so bad [thumbdn][thumbdn][thumbdn]

Lucky me the Megadeth went out the same day so at least I have something good to hear! [thumbup] Some will say that it is always the same with Megadeth, no surprise, but if surprise means the new Metallica, hum, I prefer no surprise!

Correct, if playing it safe means goood music I prefer it that way.

Yeah, but what's really funny was back in the glory days of Harmony Central when I would put that quote up in any/all Metallica threads how insanely outraged the fanboyees would get. I didn't tell Lars to say that, I just report the news.

Lars is a jar full of quotes that should enrage any fan.

"I'm worth 50 million. I care what a 50 grand a year critic says?"

That guy crax me up.

rct

The things I learned from a few Metallica fanboys back in my youth:

1. James Hetfield is the best singer.

2. James Hetfield is the best rhythm guitarist.

3. Lars Ulrich is the best drummer.

4. Cliff Burton is the best bass player ever.

5. You never say Megadeath is better.

I know there's a ton more but after a while it stops being funny.

Archived