Gibson Brands Forums

Organized My Beatles Albums

duane v

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool! Yeah, I got that VeeJay album, about 3 days, after the "Meet The Beatles" album.

Found it, in the grocery store, of all places. Wore them both out, twice. And, replaced

them, too. Played the replacements one time, each...to tape them on Reel to Reel, and

wore that out, instead. [biggrin]

CB

All mine still have the price tags on them. I have the White Album on white Vinyl. My wifes aunt has just about everything you could get in the US at the time they were coming over. My favorite was the Yellow Submarine Album. I just watched HELP today.[thumbup]

And where it all began [thumbup]

IMG_0258.jpg

I can see into their minds...

Ringo: "Ah yes yes, take the picture"

Lenon: "You know were bigger then Jesus but this picture is taking forever"

Paul: "Oh hey there"

George: "Gotta hide my boner"

Ah, make myself laugh. [lol]

If my older brother and I knew better, we would have never steamed off the original cover back in the 70's [crying] .... But the excitement of doing it is something I will always remember when we knew the butcher cover was underneath [thumbup]... We jumped for joy...LOL!!!

IMG_0259.jpg

Wow! Nice collection Duane. It looks like you have every vinyl they ever pressed.

I could veg out on those for DAYS! I have been vegging on them my whole life really but I've never heard any original Beatles vinyl.

But yeah.. I'd be feelin pretty good about that too :thumbup:

If my older brother and I knew better, we would have never steamed off the original cover back in the 70's [crying] .... But the excitement of doing it is something I will always remember when we knew the butcher cover was underneath [thumbup]... We jumped for joy...LOL!!!

IMG_0259.jpg

I had it and did it too in the late 60s with my older brother. Then it was stolen from my lair in the shed. I'll never forget it.

I am super jealous. You probably have the photos that came with the White Album.

My sister and I had to split our parents records. I got the Dylan ones and she got the Beatles. Those things sound great in their original pressings and in mono. Just ask Geoffrey Emerick.

[thumbup] How many studio albums did the Beatles put out before they broke up?

There were 13 official British releases while the band was together.

Of course Capitol records sliced and diced many of the early releases here in the states combining the latest singles (which the Beatles rarely put on albums/ felt that would be cheating their fans) and the extracted album cuts to make extra u.s. only albums. (the Capitol releases normally only had 10 tracks while the British counterparts often had 12 to 14)

That's wonderful.....I'm glad you and Steve Tari still have them.........I had a first ed. Sgt Pepper......I remember also having a copy

of the Butcher album cover as well............Seems like vinal will ALWAYS be around, both vintage, used, and new pressings...........

Whenever I bought a new Beatle album I used to tape it off,so now I not only have all their albums in near mint condition I have all the liner sheets and lyric sheets that came with them like Sgt. Pepper,The White album as well as George's All Things Must Pass.

Here's the white album

It has some unique features:

1. On the vinyl label there are song titles spelled wrong[confused]

2. A very low number... My older brother was at the record store the day it first came out [thumbup]

IMG_0267.jpg

IMG_0268.jpg

Great thread and great stuff Duane, I vote it thread of the month!.

I would love to have Beatles vinyl albums but all I have is the two Rock n' Roll Compilations, the Hey Jude singles compilation and several 45's that I bought as a kid. (they are worn to death).

The Beatles have been a big part of my life since I was 10.

We named our daughter Lucy [wink] she's one month old now.

Archived