Gibson Brands Forums

Buckethead's latest opus

mcmurray

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I usually do a bit better after a cup of coffee, and/or if I'm actually playing, and if I'm recording, doing a gig, writing music, or sleeping......

ALL of which is always better than anything someone wearing fastfood wrappers as a signature thingee along with a Mikee Jackson mask........

Yeah, this is a cell phone vid...........There's lots of me out there......all better than "FastFoodBoy".........Almost anyone is anyways.....................

You certainly think very highly of yourself don't you?

Sorry to say bro but you've got a long way to go if you want to call yourself "better than fastfoodboy".

Try bringing your ears into the equation and learn how to play melodically instead of relying on pentatonic wankery then you might impress me.

It sounds like he borrowed Eric Clapton's guitar. He's using a pretty clean tone compared to what I've heard from Chickenhead, I mean Bucketfoot....Sorry had to poke a little fun at these Fowl band names.

It actually sounds pretty good and well executed. Sometimes I've noticed he can be a little clunky, specially some of the live youtube stuff.

Well, I don't really know anything about Buckethead except what I've read on this forum....................scary, Huh?

But I've opened a second Gibson page in my browser just so I can keep listening to the track as I type (I'm approaching the 12:00 mark).

It's fine. Sounds quite like Hendrix playing an extended version of his solo from the studio version of 'All Along the Watchtower' - which is ok by me.

Hmmm............This might mean I'll have to find out What I Think Of Buckethead For Myself ! ! ! Crikey !

P.

i uhh dont like bucket head either... but not because he wears a bucket on his head, because his music is lifeless to my ears, he has fun doing strange things with a kill switch and it sounds neat, but its just not exaclty soulful, he can shred thats for sure, it just comes across as very regurgitated.

to each their own

I'm generally not a BH fan, but I have heard some stuff come up on Pandora that I was (pleasantly) surprised was him. I enjoy his music every now and again.

As for Damian's posts... I was another person looking for a punchline.. left me [unsure]

I have more talent, skill, knowledge, class, and better recordings than he does as being an idiot wearing an empty used KFC greasy chicken bucket...........

And those who have heard me play know it...........Just sayin'........

BucketHead is KFC, I'm filet migon, as are most members who've posted on the "Walk The Walk" thread................

Heck, I've seen guitarists with "Big Mac" boxes stapled to their heads playing on the street with more talent than that loser.......

Dunno, I've never heard anything by this guy that was real guitar playing.....Just my IMHO.....To be fired by Axel Rose shows

he's not a real world guitar player.....Heck, I could WALK INTO a GNR role without sneezing; easy gig.....Just sayin'...........

But, I'm not trolling, just sayin'............KIMBABIG has more talent in soundscapes than this guy does..................................

And KIMBABIG is an Uber Cool Rocker Dude.............................[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] .......

FAIL! Belittling musicians to make youself look better is pretty lame and douchy. Grow the fug up

I have more talent, skill, knowledge, class, and better recordings than he does as being an idiot wearing an empty used KFC greasy chicken bucket...........

And those who have heard me play know it...........Just sayin'........

BucketHead is KFC, I'm filet migon, as are most members who've posted on the "Walk The Walk" thread................

Heck, I've seen guitarists with "Big Mac" boxes stapled to their heads playing on the street with more talent than that loser.......

Dunno, I've never heard anything by this guy that was real guitar playing.....Just my IMHO.....To be fired by Axel Rose shows

he's not a real world guitar player.....Heck, I could WALK INTO a GNR role without sneezing; easy gig.....Just sayin'...........

But, I'm not trolling, just sayin'............KIMBABIG has more talent in soundscapes than this guy does..................................

And KIMBABIG is an Uber Cool Rocker Dude.............................[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] .......

Ignore this troll. Just a reminder, NO ONE KNOWS WHO THE F@#& YOU ARE. Buckethead more fans in Bismark, North Dakota than you ever will in the entire world. Quit hatin'

i uhh dont like bucket head either... but not because he wears a bucket on his head, because his music is lifeless to my ears, he has fun doing strange things with a kill switch and it sounds neat, but its just not exaclty soulful, he can shred thats for sure, it just comes across as very regurgitated.

to each their own

I have to agree, there's no doubt he has talent and his technique is way beyond mine will possibly ever be but I just can't listen to his playing. Like you said, lifeless sums up my opinion of his playing... but maybe in another setting he may play something that really pops, but I haven't heard it yet.

HIS PLAYING HAS NO SOUL HE MUST BE A GINGERRRRRRRR

Gingers are just jealous they can't get a good brown sound, or golden tone.

Someone minused you, but I laughed. [biggrin]

Also for Village Idiot, you can ask a mod, I can assure you we have quite separate IP addresses. [thumbup]

Archived