Gibson Brands Forums

Bonamassa rage tweets

krock

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't blame him.

I believe it's all a good 'ole boy scam. It's not what you do or how good you are, it's about who you know and whose butt you'll kiss.

Sort of like the Rock-n-Roll hall of fame. I believe we had a list of great bands/artists who are not there because they won't kiss butt.

"Awards"...Pffft! What do they (really) mean, anymore? As to Joe's reaction? Seems (to me)

to be a bit "spoiled by fame," and "entitled," to me. Just play your music, Joe..forget the

"awards!" I think he's (obviously) a great player, but I too, have never really been a "fan,"

of his. There's just something too "slick," about him, for me. I have the same (ever worse)

reaction, to John Mayer, as well. Still, they're both decent guitarists.

CB

Sort of like the Rock-n-Roll hall of fame. I believe we had a list of great bands/artists who are not there because they won't kiss butt.

I disagree!! I'm in the R&RHOF and I sure didn't kiss anyone's butt....(maybe if I had, my representation there wouldn't be so obscure!)

To whomever minussed me, I just want to say thank you. It is my first minus ever and it is an honor and a priveledge to recieve such accolades. While I understand that the plusses flow like cheap wine, it is only with hard work and determination that I have elevated myself to to the point of having such an honor bestowed upon me. I'd like to thank everyone in the Gibson Lounge and my Epi Bretheren for getting me to this point. It has been my lifelong goal to have that little red box beside my post and it wouldnt have been possible without you. This is truley an honor made possible by a culmination of hard work and perserverance. Thank you and I love you all.

[tongue]

Grammy's? Do they still do that?

A friend of mine was just nominated for a Grammy.

I think he was nominated twice before, (last year he got beat out by The Beatles....guess if you're gonna go down in flames, eh?)

This year he's nominated for "Best Albun Notes" for "The Music City Story", (Alec Paleo)

I've been a JB fan for some time.

His last few albums have been stellar examples of well written and produced music.

I think he has a point.

The Grammies are rigged.

What?!!? You mean the Grammy's aren't presented to best artist in each catagory? Shocked! I'm SHOCKED!!

Hmmm...I dont know if the Grammys are rigged. They probably are to some extent...or at least highly biased. But as for Bonamassa, the guys probably got enough money to live the rest of his life comfortably, a bunch of number one blues albums, sold out shows and enough fame to make it all possible without so much of it as to make his life miserable. To get that angry and upset about it makes me think that he doesnt realize just how good he has it. I mean, the guy has one of the best jobs in the world. He's in a position that most of us will never be in. I think that many of us would be happy to even get half way to where Joe Bonamassa is. He should open his eyes and just be happy that he is being reffered to as "JoBo" instead of "Joe Blow" like the rest of us.

Rejection is a *****, repeated rejection... is something else.

We all have outbursts at times, every one, doesn't make us bad people. Though I do think he took it too personally, I don't judge him for feeling that way.

Also, the Grammies aren't about music... An award won't make him any better will it?

In the end, I've heard too many great stories regarding his relationship with fans for me to look at him as a lesser man, plus I love his music.

Addressing briefly what RTH said, sure it might be a case of First World Problems, but that applies to all of our complaints doesn't it? I was working in Haiti this summer, looking back it's somewhat baffling what I used to b!tch about

I disagree!! I'm in the R&RHOF and I sure didn't kiss anyone's butt....(maybe if I had, my representation there wouldn't be so obscure!)

Bingo!

On another note/thought

Who ever heard of a guitarist having emotions or an ego? Not me. Most of them are stoic vulcans and always keep their ego in check.

Rejection is a b!tch, repeated rejection... is something else.

We all have outbursts at times, every one, doesn't make us bad people. Though I do think he took it too personally, I don't judge him for feeling that way.

Also, the Grammies aren't about music... An award won't make him any better will it?

In the end, I've heard too many great stories regarding his relationship with fans for me to look at him as a lesser man, plus I love his music.

Addressing briefly what RTH said, sure it might be a case of First World Problems, but that applies to all of our complaints doesn't it? I was working in Haiti this summer, looking back it's somewhat baffling what I used to b!tch about

I wasnt really looking at this as a First World Problems kind of thing. I suppose it is, but it was more of, "hey, you made it. Why so mad?".

Yep, we all have outbursts, myself included. The difference to me is that I dont tweet them to millions of people or even my 15 friends on Facebook. I keep my beetchin' private. Crying about the Grammys isnt going to get him one. It might just have the opposite effect.

Yep, we all have outbursts, myself included. The difference to me is that I dont tweet them to millions of people or even my 15 friends on Facebook. I keep my beetchin' private. Crying about the Grammys isnt going to get him one. It might just have the opposite effect.

Duly noted, definitely a failing in judgement on his part [unsure]

(on another note, I don't understand the concept of "tweeting" anyway)

Archived