Gibson Brands Forums

Crappy guitar endorsements?

RudyH

ANYBODY with a Jackson or Ibanez guitar endorsement...has a crappy endorsement. I've fiddled too much with these "metal guitars" and they all just suck. >:P

+1

And talking about crappy guitars... those silvertone paul stanley used to use... well they were POS

ANYBODY with a Jackson or Ibanez guitar endorsement...has a crappy endorsement. I've fiddled too much with these "metal guitars" and they all just suck. >=D>

Ibanez and Jackson make some very nice guitars and in a multitude of price/quality ranges. If your experience was with a low end Ibanez or Jackson... you get what you pay for.

ANYBODY with a Jackson or Ibanez guitar endorsement...has a crappy endorsement. I've fiddled too much with these "metal guitars" and they all just suck. >=D>

mmm....NO!!!

If that's you in your avatar, I highly doubt you've fiddled with little more then your weenie...

Jackson USA as well as Ibenez make decent stuff.

Yeah I know I'm a d*ck...

Anything with EVH.

Not that the products themselves are inherently crappy, just the person endorsing them is.

(or would that qualify under 'whorish' endorsements?)

And what is it with Paul Stanley having a guitar endorsement with every single company EVER? I think he is worse than EVH!

Ibanez and Jackson make some very nice guitars and in a multitude of price/quality ranges. If your experience was with a low end Ibanez or Jackson... you get what you pay for.

I think it deppends on what one likes, I dont like ibanez or jacksons at all, no matter how expensive, i.e. I have tried 4 different randy rohads guitars (the white ones with black stripes and gold hardware, no trem) and have hated all of them.

I admit, they are fine instruments, just not for me... same goes for Ibanez... I played some jems and other expensive models (prestige and such) and didnt like them at all.

What I dono't like (and feels cheap to me) is:

-neck (of course!), I can't live with those flat ultra slim necks... it's not my thing, I can't even play chords with them, less do lead work.

-pickups, I think they all sound the same, no life, no guts, 0 dynamuc range. You can play whatever you want and they will sound ok-ish, but you take a gretsch, fender, gibson, or rick, and you can feel the tone and dynamics of the pickups.

What I dono't like (and feels cheap to me) is:

-neck (of course!)' date=' I can't live with those flat ultra slim necks... it's not my thing, I can't even play chords with them, less do lead work.

-pickups, I think they all sound the same, no life, no guts, 0 dynamuc range. You can play whatever you want and they will sound ok-ish, but you take a gretsch, fender, gibson, or rick, and you can feel the tone and dynamics of the pickups. [/quote']

See why I don't listen to Dragonforce?

ANYBODY with a Jackson or Ibanez guitar endorsement...has a crappy endorsement. I've fiddled too much with these "metal guitars" and they all just suck. >:)

Phil Collen's sig. guitar (Jackson PC1) is not crappy at all.

Jackson USA quality is outstanding. Their p/u tone and skinny necks aren't my thing anymore but

I still think they are very good guitars.

William Ocean' date=' winner of the US Air Guitar Championship, 2007, playing his signature Huerta Fugizzit custom air guitar.

[img']http://cityrag.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/08/20/air_guitar.jpg[/img]

I love it when I come home from a bad day (don't have many of them but today was a long one) and I see posts like this. I can't stop laughing at this!! Hey Axe, he's playing pretty close to his weenie....

ANYBODY with a Jackson or Ibanez guitar endorsement...has a crappy endorsement. I've fiddled too much with these "metal guitars" and they all just suck. >:-k

I'm agreeing with the one guy, so I looked at your profile...14...is that your number of posts or age? Apparently, you've never tried an AMERICAN MADE, HIGH END Jackson, Ibanez, or B.C Rich, otherwise you would know the craftsmanship is great, necks are smoothe, they use good pickups, and actually don't suck, unlike the cheap versions for beginners that they have in your local guitar store that you've probably only played.

By the way, you have a Fender in your avater, what do you know about tone?

mmm....NO!!!

Jackson USA as well as Ibenez make decent stuff.

+1

I would buy the lowest end Ibanez before I would buy a lowest end Fender = Squire or Gibson = Epiphone.

I have some great playing Epiphones (don't have any squiers) but they are not the lowest end Epi's. I bought my daughter a low end Ibanez as a beginner guitar because Ibanez is more consistent in their quality for the low end stuff.

• 3 weeks later...
ANYBODY with a Jackson or Ibanez guitar endorsement...has a crappy endorsement. I've fiddled too much with these "metal guitars" and they all just suck. >:-k

YOU FAIL ! No really, I adore my Les Paul ( Goldtop, yea boyee ! lol ), but i also own a couple Prestige series Ibbies and a custom USA made Jackson Soloist and they are outstanding guitars in every facet, construction, playability, tone, feel, aesthetics. It may come to a matter of preference and thats fine but, saying that a guitar SUCKS without either providing a serious reason for the argument or having the knowledge needed to back up such a statement is ludicrous. To say that brand a sucks and brand b owns with no facts or anything to back up your opinion is pretty lame.

I would much rather pay full price for an Ibbie Prestige than be given a Strat for FREE. It comes down to personal tastes my friend, don't mistake opinions for fact if you cant back it up.

And yes, Paul Stanley is a endorsement whore ! I cant stand that guy. Him or his mass of chest hair. lol...

C'mon guys... Isn't this a bit below us, flingin' crap to left and right all over the guitar-making industry. Lets just settle at the fact that diffrent people have diffrent taste. What rocks your boat, might suck in someone else's mind. I really like my Les Pauls, but I know there are other guitars that also are sweet..

Depending on what type of music you like, and who your heroes are most certainly influential on your choice of guitars.

Let us face the facts.

Unless your lucky enough to fall off the stage into the hands of a group of nympho's who also happen to write for Guitar magazine It is unlikely the type of guitar you are playing will make any difference in you getting laid that night. The only difference will be how you feel about the thing and bragging rights among the band and other musicians. Oh and tone, that only seems to matter to me (at least in my band).

Archived