Gibson Brands Forums

A Gibson Forum site suggestion

Guest Farnsbarns

My idea to improve the overall forum member's experience would be to add a blog section to the forum user's account.

Go to your profile and see "status updates". Type some stuff in. Job done!

Guest Farnsbarns

Thanks brad1, So far your the only one who agrees to this.

A lot of people want to post irrelevant information not pertaining to the subject.

I believe they call that. trolling.

I'm not trying to bash anyone here, but when you do that it really messes up the threads.

I know it is hard not to do sometimes, because I'm guilty of it as well.

I get thrown off topic when I talk to people a lot and I have A.D.H.D.

I respect your own opinion as an individual as I do everyone on this website's opinion.

I created this thread in hopes of trying to improve things and be helpful.

If I have someway failed I apologize.

Did you miss my post? This function already exists. Go to your profile and see status updates.

Thanks brad1, So far your the only one who agrees to this.

A lot of people want to post irrelevant information not pertaining to the subject.

I believe they call that. trolling.

I'm not trying to bash anyone here, but when you do that it really messes up the threads.

I know it is hard not to do sometimes, because I'm guilty of it as well.

I get thrown off topic when I talk to people a lot and I have A.D.H.D.

I respect your own opinion as an individual as I do everyone on this website's opinion.

I created this thread in hopes of trying to improve things and be helpful.

If I have someway failed I apologize.

lol

Can you just change your name to "TLDR" so I'll remember not clicking your topics again?

Just kidding [biggrin]

Your idea is good. but I don't think it will happen.

This forum uses a template or service or whatever that I've seen a lot of other communities/companies use, apparently with very little optional functionality.

Guest Farnsbarns

Can you just change your name to "TLDR" so I'll remember not clicking your topics again?

Just kidding [biggrin]

Your idea is good. but I don't think it will happen.

This forum uses a template or service or whatever that I've seen a lot of other communities/companies use, apparently with very little optional functionality.

It'd only be a few hours work to bolt the funtion on but it still wont happen because it would be bad practice and bad for search engine optimization to fragment the content. There is a facebook-like function with status updates already which most IPBoard (this forum software) customers remove for this reason. From Gibson's perspective this forum is about free, user generated content, they want it structured as a forum, not a blog.

All that doesn't mean it wouldn't appeal to some users but that is not the only consideration.

I will soon be launching a website which will be a custom social network for musicians, venues, promoters etc. You will be able to set up a profile, blog, even your own forum, band profiles, venue profile and lots more. Any member of this forum who would like to get in early for a beta test will be very welcome.

It'd only be a few hours work to bolt the funtion on but it still wont happen because it would be bad practice and bad for search engine optimization to fragment the content. There is a facebook-like function with status updates already which most IPBoard (this forum software) customers remove for this reason. From Gibson's perspective this forum is about free, user generated content, they want it structured as a forum, not a blog.

All that doesn't mean it wouldn't appeal to some users but that is not the only consideration.

I will soon be launching a website which will be a custom social network for musicians, venues, promoters etc. You will be able to set up a profile, blog, even your own forum, band profiles, venue profile and lots more. Any member of this forum who would like to get in early for a beta test will be very welcome.

May I quote you?msp_lol.gif

Archived