Gibson Brands Forums

Just got a new J-45 Standard Acoustic!!!

STAR CHILD

Hey Guy's,

Just got a brand new J-45 Standard last week, and she is awesome! She sounds

so beautiful, and her finish is perfect all the way around! I could not be any happier,

and I think that I found my soul-mate in guitars. I had her action lowered a tad bit, now

she feels just perfect!

Last night though, I layed her down on the bed and the case latch dinged her on the

top. I know that this is nothing but, it hurts to get that first ding. I know there will be

many more down the road.

Thanks to all for listening.

Nice one Starman...i got mine about 2 years ago- a 2010 standard-used but mint. It had the sound I always imagined I wanted.It has given me a lot of inspiration to play and write.

I put two finish cracks in the lower bout of mine on the second day I had it.Rushing to show a visitor my new guitar I banged it on the edge of a desk.It survived a plane trip from Tokyo to Sydney only to cop it from it's clumsy new owner.

Glad to hear you dig it as you do.

I've been playing mine quite a lot this past week and it's hovering still good grounded fun.

Btw. how do you like the position of the pick-guard ? , , , , nah, only kiddin' here.

Of course - though I'm sure we know how it looks - we would be like to see some pics.

I've agreed to buy other people's used guitars with plenty of dings just to avoid the pain of putting that first ding in there myself. Once the guitar has the right number of dings, you can live a freer, happier life!

That said, I've put a ding or two on my new Gibsons and it takes a lot of coaching to accept that a guitar you PLAY is a guitar that will be dinged.

Enjoy! Many long happy years for you and your guitar!

Consider that ding to be the first battle scar........I've had my J45 for almost 18 months now (kind of like you keep track of a baby's age, ain't it?...lol) and it is an addictive guitar. I've found it to be everything I'd heard about it. Just a great guitar to sit in my recliner and pick some tunes on. Not too shabby at a gig either. [thumbup]

Congrats on the new J-45. I absolutely love mine, and I'm sure you will love yours. I did the exact same thing with the case latch on the first day I owned it. Luckily I bought the guitar to be a player, not a wall hanger, therefor it didn't bother me too much. Just play it and enjoy the sweet sound!

Archived