Gibson Brands Forums

New Guitar Day!!!

Twiz

That's the model (and color), of the first ever electric guitar I ever played,

with any regularity, until my Mom bought me my '64 Strat, for my 14th

birthday! It belonged to our drummer's brother, who no longer had any interest

in playing, and so he loaned it, and his Gibson amp, to me. I later bought the SG

from him, for 100 bucks! (Sure WISH NOW, I'd have kept it...it was a '62) I

traded it in, on a 68 SG Standard.

Enjoy it, they're great little guitars!! [thumbup]

CB

That's the model (and color), of the first ever electric guitar I ever played,

with any regularity, until my Mom bought me my '64 Strat, for my 14th

birthday! It belonged to our drummer's brother, who no longer had any interest

in playing, and so he loaned it, and his Gibson amp, to me. I later bought the SG

from him, for 100 bucks! (Sure WISH NOW, I'd have kept it...it was a '62) I

traded it in, on a 68 SG Standard.

Enjoy it, they're great little guitars!! [thumbup]

CB

That's a great story Charlie Brown! This is probably similar, but not quite like those 60's Jr's. I really like it though. Big tone from such a simple guitar. [thumbup]

That's a great story Charlie Brown! This is probably similar, but not quite like those 60's Jr's. I really like it though. Big tone from such a simple guitar. [thumbup]

Yeah, mine had the deeper/wider beveling, and small pickguard, of the early '60's era.

But, your's IS the same color (the deeper richer Red), as mine was. SO GLAD they're

starting to do that, more often, now! I do (personally) wish they'd go back to the

'60's beveling, and horn tapering (as I've mentioned many, many times, before)! But,

maybe that's just "me?" Still, all that aside...your's looks great, and I'm SURE you're

going to LOVE it! [thumbup]

CB

To my ears a P90 is somewhere between a humbucker and a single coil. It's got some oomph like a humbucker does, but there's a hint of a single coil sound. So far I've just played it through my Vox AC4TV at home with some pedals. Tomorrow I'm going to go play it at my band's practice spot through my 1/2 stack.

To my ears a P90 is somewhere between a humbucker and a single coil. It's got some oomph like a humbucker does, but there's a hint of a single coil sound. So far I've just played it through my Vox AC4TV at home with some pedals. Tomorrow I'm going to go play it at my band's practice spot through my 1/2 stack.

Take an extra pair of pants, or a "diaper," because you'll "pee yourself" from joy, hearing P-90's

cranked through a 1/2 Stack! Pete Townsend, anyone?! [thumbup][biggrin]

CB

Archived