Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson price drops at the box stores

kidblast

Those prices make us here in the UK want to cry....

Some of those LPs are incredible.

The Koa topped ones are beautiful; the bird's-eye maple ditto and, although I'm not usually a 'quilt' guy, there are some absolute stunners there.

Just as well I don't live in the States; the Xmas 'pot' would be gone by now........

P.

Pippy,, I hear ya brutha..

The Koa top.. HOLY smokes..

had I not just bought a Mustang IV (v1 during that blowout) a few weeks ago...

a FedEx truck would be making it's way to my doorstep in a few days.... (It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission)

Walk away from the "Add to Cart" button...

...Walk away from the "Add to Cart" button...

LOL!

Yes, I know what you mean, kidblast!

It was much worse after I noticed the "We have X of these online. Choose your favourite!" dialog box on the left hand side...

Must Switch Off NOWWW..........

P.

Hey Kid have you purchased from Sweet Water? I have not heard of them. Those prices seem too good to be true.

Hi Eldo

I buy a lot of stuff from Sweetwater...

I cannot recommend them highly enough, FANTASTIC to do bizz with.

IMHO - they beat Musicians Friend for service and setup, and they do a FAR better job packaging orders, especially guitars.

In this aspect, Musicians friend does a lousy job, even if you pay for expedited shipping. it's a miracle a few guitars I got from them survived UPS.

/ray

Intersting, though...that yesterday (Nov.21st) some of those prices

were even lower...now, they've raised them about 150 bucks, from

yesterday's. [tongue] My dealer routinely sells at, or very near

those "sale" prices, everyday. They're not going out of business,

by doing that, either. So, the normal (non-sale) "big box" discounts

are decent, but not outstanding prices. Their sale prices, are about

where they should be, all the time, considering their buying leverage,

due to their larger quantities...IMHO.

CB

Decent prices I think American music has them for $729.00. I have been wanting a 70's Les Paul tribute with the dirty fingers pickups since I saw them. The only thing I dont like about a lot of the tribute LP's are they dont have pick guards and I really dig the pick guard on a LP.I guess I could just buy one and put it on myself or maybe sweetwater could put one on for me.Oh yea I can live without the mini tuner on mine and given the choice I dig the sunburst or I did I see a white one.Money is a bit short but as much as I really like my PRS SE Santana it might go up for sale so I can get a 70 LP,I admit it Iv'e always been a Gipson LP guy.

Decent prices I think American music has them for $729.00. I have been wanting a 70's Les Paul tribute with the dirty fingers pickups since I saw them. The only thing I dont like about a lot of the tribute LP's are they dont have pick guards and I really dig the pick guard on a LP.I guess I could just buy one and put it on myself or maybe sweetwater could put one on for me.Oh yea I can live without the mini tuner on mine and given the choice I dig the sunburst or I did I see a white one.Money is a bit short but as much as I really like my PRS SE Santana it might go up for sale so I can get a 70 LP,I admit it Iv'e always been a Gipson LP guy.

Sweetwater's the best!!! I've bought I think 3 new guitars from them.

Like my flyer says, "Call Ryan Murphy at Sweetwater for the best deals." (He's my guy. Tell him Jon(ny Sheetcake) Waldo sent you.)

They have the pix of the actual guitars right there and you can browse thru them. They might have, say, four of each that you can see pix of for each model, but they usually have more than that in stock. If you don't see one you want, wait a couple days and see if more stock rotates thru.

The customer service is super!!

[thumbup] [thumbup]

Sweetwater's the best!!! I've bought I think 3 new guitars from them.

Like my flyer says, "Call Ryan Murphy at Sweetwater for the best deals." (He's my guy. Tell him Jon(ny Sheetcake) Waldo sent you.)

They have the pix of the actual guitars right there and you can browse thru them. They might have, say, four of each that you can see pix of for each model, but they usually have more than that in stock. If you don't see one you want, wait a couple days and see if more stock rotates thru.

The customer service is super!!

[thumbup] [thumbup]

Got to agree with Bad Blues here - Sweetwater tops them all. I only ever bought one axw online, but it was Sweetwater and I couldn't have been happier. You get the serial number guitar shown in the photos, they go over the guitar with a 55 point inspection, guarantee it for 2 year and don't charge for shipping. I ordered on a Tuesday afternoon, guitar was delivered Friday at noon and I am in a fairly remote area. Just got an email today on Gibson sale, just LPs and SGs, but great prices and beautiful looking guitars. [thumbup] [thumbup]

Archived