Gibson Brands Forums

Your Favorite beatles song

nikko18

hey what's your favorite beatles song?

mines revolution, i just really like the tune of it and the vocals. just figured out how to play one of the guitar parts and the lyrics. maybe i will make a video.

don't post anything if your just going to say you dont like the beatles (god forbid :D ).

I think Revolution is a good choice, and one of the tunes that still would sound fresh. The one I listened to most and so consider it a favorite is "I am the walrus". But my all time favorite is "Lovely Rita". "Blackbird" is excellent too.

No way...... too many to choose... can't.... do.... it.....

Okay - "She Said' date=' She Said" - there I' did it.[/quote']

Black Keys did a fantastic cover of that song =D> you should check it out.

As far as a favorite song goes, I really couldn't pick. the wife and I often try to construct a top 10 list, and every time we do the contents change. One time we went so far as to do a top 30, and that did a much better job. So I would say I've got about thirty favorite Beatles songs.

As a side note, playing Blackbird on a nice acoustic is the fastest way into a female Beatles fan's pants (ahem, I mean, into their 'heart'). True story, I have the ring to prove it. :D

Black Keys did a fantastic cover of that song :D you should check it out.

I have it. Great version. One of my favorites covers (I have a whole playlist of covers on the iPod). I've seen them do it live too.

No way...... too many to choose... can't.... do.... it.....

Agreed. Too many to choose from.

I can tell you this....To this day I get misty when I hear songs like " A day in the life" or side 2 of Abbey Road. To me that is pure genius. Powerful music.

In My Life

Here Comes The Sun ( great tune to play on the old acoustic)

For No One

A Little Help From My Friends

A Day In The Life

Oh Darling

Sexy Sadie

Golden Slumbers medley

and the one two punch that kicks off Meet The Beatles- I Want To Hold Your Hand / I Saw Her Standing There

I love The Beatles so this is a tough one. My two favorite albums are Rubber Soul and Revolver and the three songs that immediately come to mind are - "Taxman," "Paperback Writer," and "Tomorrow Never Knows." Like hfdoll, I also really like "Day Tripper" a lot.

Archived