Gibson Brands Forums

Show Us Your J45 Photo

BluesKing777

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry I have not taken any pictures of my new J45 so I am gonna use the ones that sweetwater sends when you purchase, Yes this is my guitar they actually inspect every guitar and while they are doing that they photograph it then store them until that serial number is purchased then they send them to you as a courtesy..And also I left my camera in Monterey last month so I would have to use my wifes phone and this was a lot easier..so as soon as I figure out this system I will post them...I tried the uploader of images from photobucket and got an error message saying I am not aloud to upload from that url but I will get it done shortly

The wannabe Banner ~ Themystic1953J-45.jpg

In reality a 1953 J-45 that was modified what seems to be many many years ago.

A keeper - highly rated here in the temple.

Very nice, but you might want to get rid of that incorrect pickguard disrupting the mojo..........

Very nice, but you might want to get rid of that incorrect pickguard disrupting the mojo..........

To be honest, no - the guitar found its twisted identity somewhere back in time and that is to be respected. The bridge is too big, the S in the logo is a bit short and. . .

But the sound is rich and deep - maybe even too projecting.

Welcome back, j45nick - I sent you a thought yesterday in connection with this thread, no lie.

Had the idea a re-glimpse of your old psychedelic was needed and missed here. . .

Welcome back, j45nick - I sent you a thought yesterday in connection with this thread, no lie.

Had the idea a re-glimpse of your old psychedelic was needed and missed here. . .

Ask, and ye shall receive: 1948 J-45, which I've owned since 1966. 1968 top, 1968-'70 board and headstock inlays, 2010 repro of original top burst. And for the record, I've just returned home after four months and 2500 miles on my boat, with limited internet access. Only guitar aboard was my little CA Cargo (carbon fiber), which was perfect for the boat.

But it's good to get back to real guitars. The boat has been put to bed in Maine, a long, long way from our home in Florida.

thewholething.jpg

Glad to see you back, j45nick!

I thought you must have been keel-hauled, or perhaps you went straight while everyone else went about!

Maybe tell us some journey details when you get settled in? Or is it secret?

Tragic thing is that apart from a lot of huffing and puffing with work, I am really still sitting in the same chair staring at the same computer since you left and travelled all that way!

BluesKing777.

I thought you must have been keel-hauled, or perhaps you went straight while everyone else went about!

Tragic thing is that apart from a lot of huffing and puffing with work, I am really still sitting in the same chair staring at the same computer since you left and travelled all that way!

BluesKing777.

No secret. I had almost four months between contracts (still waiting for a new one), and decided to take the boat from Florida to Maine, on the northeast coast of the US, up near Canada. My first powerboat after more than 40 years of owning sailboats.

cal2_zps04a258db.jpg

BluesKing777.

It sounded too depressing - I hate sitting around! When work is done, I am off!

So apart from lots of work and guitar playing, I have taken a zillion zillion photos with the Nikon. On one little trip, I jumped on a ferry across the Heads and the reason I haven't taken to the sailing bug became obvious as we hit heavy water - I felt a touch...errr...green...oh boating father, I am ashamed....Ho HO:

Here are some boatie photos to make up for it.... sorry to hijack the J45 thread..hey, that's right, I started it:

Martha's Cove Marina:

Boats011_zpseb011da0.jpg

The Back Door to Brighton Yacht Club...

Boats012_zps638862b6.jpg

And the offending Ferry vessel:

Boats013_zps6f556354.jpg

Back to geetars!

No secret. I had almost four months between contracts (still waiting for a new one), and decided to take the boat from Florida to Maine, on the northeast coast of the US, up near Canada. My first powerboat after more than 40 years of owning sailboats.

cal2_zps04a258db.jpg

Apologies - we posted the same time before!

That looks incredibly cool, Nick!

I guess it would be like an RV ?

BluesKing777.

I guess it would be like an RV ?

BluesKing777.

Only if you consider taking your RV 100 miles offshore to go fishing. It's what we call a "lobster yacht". A cruising pleasure boat built on a commercial lobsterboat hull (a crayfishing boat to you).

cal1_zpsf7cd8432.jpg

Archived