Gibson Brands Forums

Fugly Guitar

daveinspain

Ahh now I feel bad. To be honest I'm a carpenter and I can appreciate the woodwork on this but as a guitarist I hate it

Same here... Its a good ol bit of wood work... and if done by a teenager then good on him (or her)...

But I wouldn't want one... (I bet its neck heavy too by the looks of it?)

In fact looking at it again, id also say it would make a better left handed guitar cos of where the cut away is on the top horn.

[blink] uhm...no.

I like classic looks...but at least something less complicated would be more appealing...like a straight up rectangle or leaf...or circle even.

If it sounded AWESOME would I play it....how much does it weigh? [flapper]

I guess someone might think it's beautiful, but it doesn't suit my personal aesthetic tastes.

And the pickups are too close together. There are formulas about where to place the pickups for tone, and it has to do with the wavelengths of the string vibrations. I don't think the builder followed any of them (but I admit, I'm not a guitar design expert).

Insights and incites by Notes

Though to be honest it is hard I think to come up with a new guitar design that people find attractive in a world dominated by iconic shapes like the LP, Strat, SG, Tele, etc.

I agree with surpup....."It is hard"....& this "ain't IT"

hey, cool !! now there's a "buy it now" price - so if you're super keen you don't have to wait for the pesky auction to run it's course.

looks like $41 just wasn't close enough to the mark first time round.

Good luck.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-built-electric-guitar-Sound-Of-America/261919708325?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D31356%26meid%3D2c6a4ed71f8549bfae4c686a55ca6600%26pid%3D100011%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D8%26sd%3D261908001143

...the buy it now price is $10,000.00...

[lol]

A disciple of the P. T. Barnum school of thought, no doubt.

I hate to say it about what might turn out to be the 'brainchild' of a 'young-and-impressionable-kid' - after all my own 'issue' is a mere 10 years old - but regardless of the nature of the mastermind behind that creation that thing really is utter crap and a BIN price of $10k suggests somewhat more sophistication than child-level naiivety at work....

P.

I'd actually have to say it looks well made, then again...

the Mona Lisa probably had a nice personality

1980's and 90's Volvos were probably quite good in a crash

The Royal National Theatre in London probably won't fall down in a storm

If you want a bit of fun go to ebay, search for 'guitar' (that's all you need) then sort by highest price to lowest.

I do this every so often and it always raises a smile.....

[biggrin] [biggrin] [biggrin]

Archived