Gibson Brands Forums

Grammys

rct

Grammies?

Whatever.

Taylor opened it up. She is awful. She employs a lot of singers and musicians, so I am grateful for that. Good song she has there, and the guitar player using a Vintage White Tele like mine, so that was good. She was terrible as usual.

rct

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I record the "gratuitous" shows such as these so I can fast forward through most of the BS I don't want to watch, especially since someone like Taylor Swift (who couldn't carry a tune with a pickiup truck) is the "new" face of the music industry, such that it is.

Grammies?

Whatever.

Taylor opened it up. She is awful. She employs a lot of singers and musicians, so I am grateful for that. Good song she has there, and the guitar player using a Vintage White Tele like mine, so that was good. She was terrible as usual.

rct

But she has long legs and looks yummy, oh yea the song sucked

4H

Come on, RCT...tell us what you REALLY think! [flapper][biggrin]

Awards shows (to me) are merely another reason for "Celebrities" to get dressed up, and pat themselves

on the back! :rolleyes: Can't take them too seriously. But, that's just Me.

CB

Ding

I cannot watch Taylor Swift. There's something about her shape and her movements that make me nauseous. Anyone remember when Elaine on Seinfeld tried to dance? That's Taylor Swift to me. White girl with no rhythm or groove whatsoever. [thumbdn]

Liked the Eagle's tribute to Glen Frye - but Jackson Browne looked very old and tired. And seemed like he didn't have the breath to finish the lyrics. Sad.

I cannot watch Taylor Swift. There's something about her shape and her movements that make me nauseous. Anyone remember when Elaine on Seinfeld tried to dance? That's Taylor Swift to me. White girl with no rhythm or groove whatsoever. [thumbdn]

Perhaps she's like me - I'm a player, not a dancer. [biggrin] Sometimes she even plays an Alex Lifeson Les Paul Axcess like I do, so she can't be that bad. [flapper]

I understand a show full of hot chix and dudes in front of massive walls of all kinds of amps and loads of sweet guitars and basses is something that the folks here wouldn't watch, so my bad. Next time there's a Gun Awards program I'll try to contemporaneously take notes on that one, see if anyone bites.

rct

Archived