Gibson Brands Forums

She is gone

awel

Today my good old Gibson Les Paul Custom is gone ... I have sold it

I was thinking about it for a long time now, I was so proud of this guitar, it followed me since 6 years, but when I get it I was in a stoner band and through the Mesa Boogie I found the sound so huge, so perfect.

But things are changing and get back to the blues and I found the sound too dark and too straight surely due to Ceramic magnet of the pickups on it.

So now I am looking to find a good 335, should try one tonight a 2013 but it is black, I would have preferred a cherry one but let's give it a try perhaps I would fall in love with it and forget it is a black one... who knows.

I'll keep you posted

It's hard to let a Custom go, but I don't have the money to keep it and buy a 335, and if it is to let her lie in her case, I would find it sad.

Yeah those 335 are really sexy.

I was really tempted by a 335 Cherry Studio they had when I bought my Traditional. But it did cost more and didn't have the 59 Tributes.

It may be a bit sad but your custom may give now someone else lots of joy, instead of collecting dust.

What pickups did you have in your Custom?

Today my good old Gibson Les Paul Custom is gone ... I have sold it

But things are changing and get back to the blues and I found the sound too dark and too straight surely due to Ceramic magnet of the pickups on it.

You owned a Gibson Les Paul Custom with ceramic-loaded pickups?

Yeah those 335 are really sexy.

I was really tempted by a 335 Cherry Studio they had when I bought my Traditional. But it did cost more and didn't have the 59 Tributes.

It may be a bit sad but your custom may give now someone else lots of joy, instead of collecting dust.

What pickups did you have in your Custom?

Ceramic pickups

You owned a Gibson Les Paul Custom with ceramic-loaded pickups?

Yes

Please enlighten me - which type pickups? Were they stock? I don't know of any LPC that came with ceramic PUs. [confused]

Now I have a black 335 and I am in love with the sound

Pictures would be nice... [love]

Please enlighten me - which type pickups? Were they stock? I don't know of any LPC that came with ceramic PUs. [confused]

Pictures would be nice... [love]

It was stock pickups it was a 500T and a 496R

Would post picture in a NGD ;)

Too bad you couldn't have the LP and the 335, but IMO, you made the right move.

Thanks I am not a collector, I am a player and having such a guitar than the LPC in a case was really sad I am sure the guy that bought it will play it and have a lot of fun with it so I wish it will bring so much pleasure to the new owner than it brought me

I'm pretty sure those come with 490R and 496T which use alnico magnets

Congrats on the NGD though!

Yes my mistake, you're right, but they sound almost like a Sh4 which I had on a Les Paul Clone.

1457036771[/url]' post='1747638']

Congrats and enjoy it!

I wouldn't worry about the color. I have a couple guitars I hate the color but love how they play.

I love black guitars and don't have a single one.

I wanted one and ended up with two and maybe a future BB King Lucille sometime. I have the cash, but decided to give it all to the wife for her 60th birthday coming up. Guess I must like black too. I do need one with color! Lol

Archived