Gibson Brands Forums

What's for breakfast,lunch, or dinner?

Mr. Gibson

Good idea....

I used to love those Fray Bentos pies! Loadsa pastry....famous for their corned beef.

Today I skinned and chopped 1.5kg of French shallots and made shallot broth; added water, veg stock, bit of mixed herbs, garlic and let it simmer in oven for 90 mins.

Then pureed and beautiful with home-made bread.

Later a steak and kidney pie, carrots.

Banana with blueberries.

Oatcakes. Beer; still Friday night here.....

Good idea....

I used to love those Fray Bentos pies! Loadsa pastry....famous for their corned beef.

Today I skinned and chopped 1.5kg of French shallots and made shallot broth; added water, veg stock, bit of mixed herbs, garlic and let it simmer in oven for 90 mins.

Then pureed and beautiful with home-made bread.

Later a steak and kidney pie, carrots.

Banana with blueberries.

Oatcakes. Beer; still Friday night here.....

Stop! You're making me hungry!

I love things made with leeks. However they are a stupid price here and that puts me off. Your shallot broth made me think of that....grin~

Headin to my Boy's place in Downey for some Smoked Sockeye Salmon Smoked warm in the Weber Smokey Mountain, while we watch my Cubs kick the **** out of the Dbacks, and the boys take my money in a good poker game with some rye whiskey and a good Stog to wash down dinner.

He always has girls that dove out the neck messagges while I figure out how to give away my money at the table.

I love things made with leeks.

I've got 'em in the fridge...in season right now and very tasty if cooked right; I steam but they can be fried too as you must know.

You're giving me ideas!

Lunch, the wife had a $20.00 off at Applebee's. I had a 8 oz Top Sirloin Steak with garlic mashed potatoes and steamed Broccoli and a appetizer, very small chicken tacos. That was brunch and for dinner I had a steak philli cheese sub from Pepper Jacks.

I fasted over Easter...(secular)

2.5 days...it was fun and stimulated some creativity... [thumbup]

My 'Vegan Experiment' is 'on ice' for the time being

Today's lunch will be Spaghetti with Parmesan + Pasta sauce + Chilli Con Carne.... <_<

V

:-({|=

I love spaghetti with chili and bear cheese with garlic bread. Today for brunch after Praire Life was a Cambridge potato casserole. That consists of potatoes, turkey, cheese, Bacon, tomatoes, hollandaise sauce and a egg on top. With blueberry muffin. Hamburgers for dinner again.

I fired up the wood oven yesterday and did a roast. The piece of lamb we had in the freezer was smallish so we added a rolled up piece of Pork Belly.

Roast veggies done to perfection and I have now been dubbed "King of the roast"...Grin~

Lot of work, so at 4 pm I had a nap on the couch,

Scratch tea from leftovers.

Saturday night:

Chicken pieces rolled in gram flour, turmeric, coriander,salt and pepper - fried, on top of basmati rice with cumin and green peas.

A favourite of mine - cooked lots and ate the lot!

Sunday:

Baked loaf of bread with oats and sampled that. Yum. Coffee.

Later - Pork steaks with leeks, carrots, mustard gravy.

Strawberries and blueberries.

I can't hack coriander!

When I was a horrible little boy I used to pull the heads off these red & black beatles we have here and squeeze them. The guts looked like the centre of a Caremello bear and oozed out.

That smell was coriander!

No way Jose'

Saturday night:

Chicken pieces rolled in gram flour, turmeric, coriander,salt and pepper - fried, on top of basmati rice with cumin and green peas.

A favourite of mine - cooked lots and ate the lot!

Sunday:

Baked loaf of bread with oats and sampled that. Yum. Coffee.

Later - Pork steaks with leeks, carrots, mustard gravy.

Strawberries and blueberries.

I see the leeks got a run.

I can't hack coriander!

When I was a horrible little boy I used to pull the heads off these red & black beatles we have here and squeeze them. The guts looked like the centre of a Caremello bear and oozed out.

That smell was coriander!

No way Jose'

OOh you'll pay....tsk...horrid....

So you don't eat curries then?

This topic is severely lacking in photos for a food thread...

Dinner tonight... Pork chops (in BBQ sauce) corn and carrots. (The veggies come in a local farm bag we get once a week - local grown organic produce delivered to our door - what could be better?)

IMG_6245.jpg