Gibson Brands Forums

NGD, practically Biblical

sparquelito

I started a new Easter tradition last Sunday.

In addition to praising the Lord, and celebrating His resurrection, I went down to the guitar store and purchased a used (very nice condition) acoustic/electric classical nylon-stringed guitar.

It's a Carlo Robelli, and it plays and sounds heavenly, which was in keeping with my worshiping of Jesus on that holiest of days.

I think it's in the Bible somewhere (I believe it's in Psalm 98:4, or maybe even Geddy 21:12), that you should make a joyous noise unto the Lord.

So this has NOTHING to do at all with me being a guitar addict, okay? Nothing at all, so don't even start with that accusatory nonsense.

This is all about the Jesus.

And anyway, I'm not a guitar addict, so shut up already.

[unsure]

070752.jpg

I AM happy to report that the Carlo Robelli doesn't feedback and howl on stage.

We played an acoustic gig at The Firehouse Pub last Friday evening after work, and I was very impressed at how the guitar performed on stage, at club volume levels.

Here we were during pre-gig sound checks.

I was playing my trusty old JBP acoustic electric at that moment, but the new jewel was in the guitar stand at stage-right.

:)

072437.jpg

nice guitar!

i'd say on a guess, if JC was jammin he might play some dio - like holy diver. or maybe some niteranger - sister christian. or maybe kiss' heave's on fire? or black crowes - she talks to angels?

or maybe he likes govt mule, and he'll play temporary saint, brand new angel, whisper in your soul, and forsaken savior. or skid row's quicksand jesus or bls' doomsday jesus.

We played an acoustic gig at The Firehouse Pub last Friday evening after work....

Man, that's gutsy playing right in front of the dart boards. I used to be big into darts. Hit more 180s than I can count, but I only once hit three double bulls. [scared]

I started a new Easter tradition last Sunday.

In addition to praising the Lord, and celebrating His resurrection, I went down to the guitar store and purchased a used (very nice condition) acoustic/electric classical nylon-stringed guitar.

It's a Carlo Robelli, and it plays and sounds heavenly, which was in keeping with my worshiping of Jesus on that holiest of days.

I think it's in the Bible somewhere (I believe it's in Psalm 98:4, or maybe even Geddy 21:12), that you should make a joyous noise unto the Lord.

So this has NOTHING to do at all with me being a guitar addict, okay? Nothing at all, so don't even start with that accusatory nonsense.

This is all about the Jesus.

And anyway, I'm not a guitar addict, so shut up already.

[unsure]

070752.jpg

Nice

[thumbup]

Nice guitar, so congrats. The verses your looking for are: Psalms 9:2, 66:1-4, 81:1-3, 95:1&2, 98:1-6 and 100:1&2. All about singing joyfull sounds to the Lord. King David was one who loved to dance and sing and play instruments to the Lord.

Archived