Gibson Brands Forums

Sunday song

blindboygrunt

Very tasty BBG as we have come to expect. And enjoyed the subtle percussion to drive the groove.... It's often about the small details, ain't it ?

also....great sound! Vocal and guitar are spot on.....i need to start using something other than my cell phone to record.

That was phenomenol! You guys on this forum are some talented mofos. I'm hoping that hanging around you guys in this cyberspace cafe that some of your extra talent will fall on the floor and I can quietly pick it up without anybody noticing! Actually this one was too good to be wasted here! I can't wait til next Sunday already!

Fantastic! you really know how to sing with emotion, and convey a ton of feeling.

btw, is the preferred diminutive of your name grunt or blindboy???

Once upon a time, I believe it was gruntfiddle.

But that was long ago in a galaxy far, far away.

I enjoyed that a lot BBG - sounded more like JP than JP!

To me the guitar sounded a little 'hollow' for lack of a better word, so I assume the voice is hollow too...you are playing and singing great, so it may be time to invest in a nice Neumann mic like the KM184, then learn how to use it. You really derserve to get this or better. Or get a professional recording done at a studio with expertise in acoustic guitars (but the nerves usually ruin that the first 10 times, but maybe not).

Expensive in UK - I looked it up for you - Thomann flogging stereo set cheaper, sort of. [scared]

http://www.thomann.de/gb/neumann_km184mt_stereoset.htm

If you go for the silver single, they are cheaper for some reason - probably because rockers want black mics?

http://www.pinknoise-systems.co.uk/neumann-km-184-cardioid-microphone.html

BluesKing777.

I've been wondering about that BK

I'm using a interface with my sm58 on a stand in front of me .. Not the worlds worst mic . But I know it's at its best using it closer but I like to just record myself playing it live , but it's still a little better than my usb Samson mic , I think

It's definitely slightly different when I upload to soundcloud

Maybe I'm doing wrong with the software , but all I do is add a hint of reverb and give a slight eq curve to it . Seems ok , then it's rendered and sent to soundcloud and looses a little depth.

I can hear yours and em7's recordings having a clarity and depth that I just can't get .

Lars gets a nice recording also. Not sure what he uses.

Sals recordings sound great too , not as great as yours and em though ...

But I ain't got the dough for a mic like that. I'll keep eyes on eBay etc but I'm not sure I could justify it. I'm only a hack trying to stay outta trouble at the weekends 😀

I've been wondering about that BK

I'm using a interface with my sm58 on a stand in front of me .. Not the worlds worst mic . But I know it's at its best using it closer but I like to just record myself playing it live , but it's still a little better than my usb Samson mic , I think

It's definitely slightly different when I upload to soundcloud

Maybe I'm doing wrong with the software , but all I do is add a hint of reverb and give a slight eq curve to it . Seems ok , then it's rendered and sent to soundcloud and looses a little depth.

I can hear yours and em7's recordings having a clarity and depth that I just can't get .

Lars gets a nice recording also. Not sure what he uses.

Sals recordings sound great too , not as great as yours and em though ...

But I ain't got the dough for a mic like that. I'll keep eyes on eBay etc but I'm not sure I could justify it. I'm only a hack trying to stay outta trouble at the weekends 😀

Hack here as well, but I beg to differ - you OWE your voice and beautiful guitars that Neumann KM184. Sell something!

I wouldn't give much chance to getting a used one - if they work, people keep Neumanns usually. Anyway, they spat in it! [woot]

BluesKing777.

https://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jan10/articles/neumanntlm102.htm

Would this not be the one to go for ? Budget in mind .

I'm wondering why you suggested the other one ?

Cheers BK

I have never used one of those, so no help sorry.

SM58 is a great live vocal mic, but recording solo I have found the Neumann KM184 to be just 'perfect' for home recording. I too lose a lot in Soundcloud, but I have the original files here and they lack nothing except some recording expertise by using that mic! The idea is to go for TWO for stereo if we hit Lotto! (A friend gave me the Rode copies of the KM184 but to me, it is like playing....gasp.....a budget guitar). There you go, that is the difference!

I'm off to practice now.

BluesKing777.

somehow I missed this till today...

what a great song!

I love the texture of your voice man,, there's something there I can't quite put my finger on, and there's the magic of it all.

Glad I checked it out. great stuff Grunt...

Archived