Gibson Brands Forums

So, What WERE they thinking?

kidblast

If Richlite is derived of plastic and kitty tears, especially when moving the cursor over the guitar, do we read this: "Fingerboard and bridge: New penetrating and finishing oil lasts longer and maximizes woods natural vibrancy".

Heck, fingerboard and bridge are neither Rosewood, nor Ebony, nor Granadillo. For a $6k guitar, Gibson should do some "proof reading", no?

If Richlite is derived of plastic and kitty tears, especially when moving the cursor over the guitar, do we read this: "Fingerboard and bridge: New penetrating and finishing oil lasts longer and maximizes woods natural vibrancy".

Heck, fingerboard and bridge are neither Rosewood, nor Ebony, nor Granadillo. For a $6k guitar, Gibson should do some "proof reading", no?

Martin is doing the same thing.. I think the only time you can get true ebony.. is on a 25,000 plus guitar these days..

Martin is doing the same thing.. I think the only time you can get true ebony.. is on a 25,000 plus guitar these days..

Or a $300 Baby Taylor.

Owning one of the only legal ebony mills in the world certainly has its advantages.

Not even this one?

gibson-master-museum-J-200.jpg?itok=2j7Ko9oE

Rumour has it, it's even more expensive than amber.

johnny-depp-jack-sparrow-pirates-of-the-caribbean-gibson-gibson-j-200.jpg

Every time I see this Johnny Depp guitar, I think about Ren mentioning that he has made so many guitars that he could never dream of being able to afford. [biggrin]

Aha Aha!

I was looking at Carter Vintage Guitars, dangerous thing to do, nice new web pages....and came across the blue Gibson EC-10 from 1997 - maybe they had a few tins of blue left they wanted to move.....put it on that J200. [flapper] :

https://cartervintage.com/collections/gibson-acoustics/products/1997-gibson-ec-10?variant=21815403331

BluesKing777.

Archived