Gibson Brands Forums

What the latest song you've been playing on your guitar?

Mr. Gibson

Just started up after a couple of years layoff, easing into it. Bus Stop by the Hollies.

I love ‘Bus Stop’ too Brad, as a little fingerpicking exercise, round the Am Em Dm loop, with C B7 mid section.

Simple little ditty, but very satisfying to play!

That's funny 'cause I just heard that the other day and thought I should learn it just for historic purposes. msp_biggrin.gif

I had some time so played Cover of the Rolling Stone again on the acoustic but then wondered, "what would it sound like on the 12 string?" Got that out and Oh, My Gosh, Does it ever sound better on the 12. I won't play it again on a 6 string guitar unless its electric. Haven't played Pipeline in a long time so thats next.

Edited by Retired
  • Upvote 1

I had some time so played Cover of the Rolling Stone again on the acoustic but the wondered, "what would it sound like on the 12 string?" Got that out and Oh, My Gosh, Does it ever sound better on the 12. I won't play it again on a 6 string guitar unless its electric. Haven't played Pipeline in a long time so thats next.

nice. msp_thumbup.gif

Several I'm working on right now...

Santana's Black Magic Woman - I LOVE that lead!

Beatles - While My Guitar Gently Weeps (lead) - one of my all-time favourites!

CCR - Up Around the Bend - Fantastic LP tones in that one

Mike

I love Santana, The wife was telling me that most of his playing on stage, he was so high and played so great that after he sobered up he had to play the recording to see what he did. Ha ha, msp_flapper.gif I looked up on Guitar tricks to see if Black Magic Woman was listed so I could learn it but its not listed. I didn't have time to play anything today, Maybe tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

Picked up the acoustic this morning and played 3 songs. !st. Cover of the Rolling Stone, 2nd. American Woman, 3rd. Hotel California.

OMG, same...

I picked up my acoustic and did a set.

I sang into my microphone but didn't wake the neighbors with my P.A turned on, but I remember I really liked it and my set was;

On my 1951 American parlor guitar (my Stella H929); In Eb/D#;

Civil War (Guns N' Roses cover)

Purple Haze (The Jimi Hendrix Experience cover)

Help! (The Beatles cover)

and, then I sort of faded out and went off, when I sort of forgot the lyrics to

Sympathy For The Devil (Rolling Stones cover)

I was tempting to go into a Michael Jackson song next (Earth Song) but... I ended it during Sympathy For The Devil this morning, but, no, yeah - that was fun.

Didn't record it, but, I don't record everything I do.