Gibson Brands Forums

NGD HSS strat

brad1

It's a 2017 Standard Strat HSS Plus Top. It's a Tobacco Burst finish with a Pau Ferro fretboard. It's just like rct's. Only thing different is the finish.

I LOVE IT!!!

Sounds great! The only thing I have to compare it to is my 1996 Traditional Strat. And they are very different guitars. The 96 is made of poplar, maple fretboard, all single coils.

They have made some improvements since 96. The single coils are much quieter for one, and a few other minor things.

Unlike rct, I like the vibrato arm on and fully floating. I almost enjoy setting the system up. And on both of my Strats the guitar stays in tune well and causes me no frustration at all. I guess I just got lucky.

I never thought of myself as a "Strat Guy". But I may be changing my mind soon.

This guitar is so versatile. I can play just about anything on it and it sounds good.

I am having fun playing it unplugged a lot too because it resonates so nicely.

Anyway....here are the required pics

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Sweetwater Pic

MX17983256-body-xlarge.jpg

image.jpg Guard Cat

It's a 2017 Standard Strat HSS Plus Top. It's a Tobacco Burst finish with a Pau Ferro fretboard. It's just like rct's. Only thing different is the finish.

I LOVE IT!!!

Sounds great! The only thing I have to compare it to is my 1996 Traditional Strat. And they are very different guitars. The 96 is made of poplar, maple fretboard, all single coils.

They have made some improvements since 96. The single coils are much quieter for one, and a few other minor things.

Unlike rct, I like the vibrato arm on and fully floating. I almost enjoy setting the system up. And on both of my Strats the guitar stays in tune well and causes me no frustration at all. I guess I just got lucky.

I never thought of myself as a "Strat Guy". But I may be changing my mind soon.

This guitar is so versatile. I can play just about anything on it and it sounds good.

I am having fun playing it unplugged a lot too because it resonates so nicely.

Anyway....here are the required pics

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Sweetwater Pic

MX17983256-body-xlarge.jpg

image.jpg Guard Cat

Wow. A pus*y magnet!

looks very nice. quite similar to mine. hHMVFy2.jpg

Yes indeed! Your strat looks great!

Put a white pickguard and a different bridge/tremolo and ours would look just about the same!

I like that bridge/tremolo by the way.

Is your fretboard pau ferro or rosewood?

Mine is the paufero.i have had it a couple months. The Babicz bridge is a big improvement....especially as I wasted the stock one trying something that did not work out. The super vee blade runner is very good as well. I’m making a thicker neck for it as the stock is really thin for my hands. But I love the strat. The MIM (Mexican) strats are the best bang for the dollar I’ve seen in a long time.

Archived