Gibson Brands Forums

Gotta call from music store John

Tman

what a great friend you have there. beauty SG, and a great gesture of kindness from this man "Johnny" mom and pop stores, the only place a story like this can ever happen.

enjoy the SG, the hangover will eventually go away,,, try another bottle?? that should do it! :)

Thanks everyone! Yep Farns, you're right, a lightweight that night. [crying]

Ian this is the nicest SG I have ever seen or touched.

It was set up perfectly and even though the strings that came with will get changed soon and aren't my favorites, it is rock solid as far as tuning and intonation. Also the neck is different than other SG necks I have played. This one is a 60's profile thin tapered neck that is my DREAM neck. Other SG's I have played seemed to have almost Ibanezy type really thin and wider necks. This one reminds me of the LP classic that I sold to get this guitar.

I love the Custom appointments and have always liked Black Beauties with the split diamond headstock inlay. The abalone trapezoid on this baby are fabulous.

Jury is out on the pick ups. I am typically not a fan of high output pickups but at least these aren't ceramics (which I really don't like). We'll see. No matter what I am leaving this baby alone.

Here is the case. It is thinner than the last custom case that I saw. It's nice though and lightweight.

Case_zpshn6fekvf.jpgCase%20Open_zps1w0r1j9d.jpg

Thanks everyone! Yep Farns, you're right, a lightweight that night. [crying]

Ian this is the nicest SG I have ever seen or touched.

It was set up perfectly and even though the strings that came with will get changed soon and aren't my favorites, it is rock solid as far as tuning and intonation. Also the neck is different than other SG necks I have played. This one is a 60's profile thin tapered neck that is my DREAM neck. Other SG's I have played seemed to have almost Ibanezy type really thin and wider necks. This one reminds me of the LP classic that I sold to get this guitar.

I love the Custom appointments and have always liked Black Beauties with the split diamond headstock inlay. The abalone trapezoid on this baby are fabulous.

Jury is out on the pick ups. I am typically not a fan of high output pickups but at least these aren't ceramics (which I really don't like). We'll see. No matter what I am leaving this baby alone.

Here is the case. It is thinner than the last custom case that I saw. It's nice though and lightweight.

Case_zpshn6fekvf.jpgCase%20Open_zps1w0r1j9d.jpg

What pickups are in it? My 2017 was supposed to have a 57+ but it came with a regular 57. And I think it was a blessing in disguise.

What pickups are in it? My 2017 was supposed to have a 57+ but it came with a regular 57. And I think it was a blessing in disguise.

490R and 498T

Like I said, pretty hot. Only surpassed by the ceramic 500T (to my knowledge which is admittedly thin). So far I love everything about the guitar and it maybe because I am infatuated with it. [biggrin]

490R and 498T

Like I said, pretty hot. Only surpassed by the ceramic 500T (to my knowledge which is admittedly thin). So far I love everything about the guitar and it maybe because I am infatuated with it. [biggrin]

I had the same pickups in my SG and they are great sounding. Hope you continue to enjoy

That’s a sweet case it comes in too

I had the same pickups in my SG and they are great sounding. Hope you continue to enjoy

my 95 LP Standard and my '12 SG Standard have these.

They do everything I ask them to do.. great combo IMO..

1520467659[/url]' post='1922308']

You don't have an SG yet??? [confused]

Admin - please suspend NHTOM's user account until he properly acquires an SG. Thank you. [tongue]

Too funny, might have them suspend me too? Ha Ha, msp_flapper.gif I never even touched a SG yet or a Tellicaster. Then I don't own a Strat either! But, I do love that SG, it's beautiful and congratulations Tman, I like the smile you have playing it.

Too funny, might have them suspend me too? Ha Ha, msp_flapper.gif I never even touched a SG yet or a Tellicaster. Then I don't own a Strat either! But, I do love that SG, it's beautiful and congratulations Tman, I like the smile you have playing it.

[biggrin]

490R and 498T

I just picked up a 91 Standard SG with similar pickups, time will tell if I like them, but I do like Super Distortions, and these have a similar vibe.

Archived